final fantasy XIV

Sike

Active Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
285
anybody playing a realm reborn? im thinking about getting it and am curious how much it is monthly to play and if its worth it but the game definitely looks amazing
 
I've been playing it a lot with some RL and online friends and we're having a blast.

I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would; the cross-class skill system is amazing, the character creator and customization aspects are fairly robust and in-depth if you care about looking cool, and overall it is a very solid game with a TON of content from 1-50+ and endgame. Like, I've never been at a lack of anything to do and I'm only level 33 -- without doing a single one of the optional side quests.

You read that right, I got to level 33 in a few days off only class quests, story quests, dungeons, public events (AKA 'Fates'), and repeatable content. Also, if you like crafting and gathering, they actually have their own unique classes and are VERY rich and elaborate






I have a bunch of 14-day free trials to hand out with the Recruit-A-Friend system if you want to give the game a shot before putting any money down on it. Feel free to post here or PM me if you (or anyone else here) wants it. We also both get free in-game loot if you subscribe using the RAF system, including enough tokens to purchase the first tier of low-level dungeon gear which will help you kick butt from level 15-25+.

It has a mandatory subscription of $15/mo (Though there is a 'Trial' subscription, which limits you to 1 character per each server and costs $13/mo). Right now I would recommend just trying the RAF trial before putting money down on the expansion pack.

If I recall correctly, you can just straight-up subscribe from the trial and it will give you a free copy of the current game, but you'll have to buy Heavensward (the latest expansion pack) to access the Au Ra player race, any of the level 50+ classes (Dark Knight, Machinist & Astrologist), or play through the expansion pack content such as story and dungeons

But that won't impact you until you hit 50 and complete the story up to the Heavensward content, so you don't really even NEED Heavensward until you get there unless you really want to play an au ra
 
awesome man. thanks for all the info and im definately down to give that a shot. ive never really playe any MMORPGs but have always been interested. add me on steam @ stevo0013 and we can talk some more about it tomorrow or something
 
I'm playing it as well with a separate group of friends. I don't know if it's better than WoW (to me), but I am definitely enjoying it more than any other MMORPG so far. The only other one that got my attention was The Secret World since it doesn't have a subscription policy, though the combat is somewhat repetitive, and the auction and guild-related stuff leaves a little to be desired.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top