?We were really scared? to tackle Star Wars Battlefront, says DICE

alex2142hp1

EGO Is My Life!
=(e)=
Joined
Sep 12, 2014
Messages
4,179
star_wars_battlefront_header_02.jpg

Star Wars Battlefront has inspired strong reactions from those keeping an eye on the project. Although the hype train is approaching top speed, there are plenty of vocal naysayers complaining it looks too much or not enough like Battlefield, distressed at the lack of traditional single-player mode, or whatever.

That’s to be expected, really: it’s not easy to follow on from games as beloved as earlier Battlefront releases, to build something equal to the weight of the Star Wars brand, and to satisfy a horde of gamers raised on the very different Battlefield series.

“When we were asked to do this we were really scared. We thought, no, this is too intimidating,” DICE general manager Patrick Bach told The Guardian as part of a longer preview.

“And we had enough in our pipeline to be able to say no. But on the other hand, your heart is screaming yes! Because of course you want to make a Star Wars game. We just thought, okay, we’ll figure it out as we go.”

featuredImage.img.jpg
 
I have faith in Dice!

and its a Star Wars game, I'm going to buy it regardless of what the critics say.
 
wasn't the critics who said it, it was DICE general manager Patrick Bach told The Guardian as part of a longer preview. lol And he should be cuz we all expect to be the best game of the year lol
 
oh I know that! lol I was talking about those who say the game is "too much like battlefield" or w.e.
 
I personally think it sucks so far. I've played a beta version and it was just terrible. The guns are hard to control lag lag lag. I would rather flick my bean than play another minute of bf4 with laser beams.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
 
The only reason I won't be buying this on day one will be the almost inevitable server lag/crashes due to the amount of players, if it weren't for that reason I would almost certainly be a day one buyer.

However, in the long-run I have faith in Dice and I'm sure it will be a success if not at first, then eventually.
 
Will most likely wait up to a month to see how the game is before I throw down some money on this. Only thing kinda irking me is the first person/ third person. Wish they would of picked one and just stuck with it. I like options but to me this is too much of a change in game style to be a good option.
 
This game is pretty much an instant sell out no matter what potential issues come up. I have faith in DICE. Although... those inevitable server crashes at launch will be a bummer.
 
This game is pretty much an instant sell out no matter what potential issues come up. I have faith in DICE. Although... those inevitable server crashes at launch will be a bummer.

Yeah I think just because of what it is (Star Wars) It will make money for EA. But when I throw down a hundred bucks on this for premium (Seems to be the norm for multiplayer games now) I want to know that the player base is still alive before the first major DLC hits.
 
@ChocolateVillain- I definitely feel ya on that one. Wish EA/DICE would do free all access PC demos for this big of a game.
 
I know this game will be good because Star Wars fans are crazy and will go nuts if they screw this up. Not to mention this is a reboot of the hugely successful and popular battlefront games. They screw this one up and people (myself included) will riot.
 
I can picture all the riots across the world now. Lol it will be like the Battle of Hoth.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top