Why not Well?

Kleptor

Rookie
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
36
Don't get me wrong, I love the current list of maps available on eGO servers. But Well is not one of them and that doesn't make sense to me when there are two dustbowl servers. Now, I'm new to eGO, so if this has been addressed previously in the forums or elsewhere, I apologise. Otherwise, please consider the inclusion of a Well server, and possibly a Hydro server. If you have reasons as to why not, that's cool, just let me know. Thank you for your consideration.

P.S. I know that there's other servers out there with Well, the only reason I ask is that I'd rather play on eGO.
 
That second dustbowl server has cycled through a few different maps, but it always comes back to dustbowl. We have enough dustbowl regulars to keep both full.

As for Well, it always struggled to not be empty.

Probably because it's a horrible map, just saying.
 
We have tried hydro a few times as well, but we can't seem to keep it full. I don't know what it is about the map, but we can never seem to fill it as well as we can dustbowl. Mabey in the future we can try again with Hydro and Well, but for now the dustbowl #2 will remain dustbowl.

Oh and the same goes for grainary on the "horrible map" that can't be kept full ;)
 
I also miss well. I agree that grainary sucks but I love well. Maybe we could get some games of CTF well on the 2fort server for a bit?
 
CTF_Well is awful. CP_well isn't bad, though. I like it. :-(

I wish it would come back.

Well, either that or Hydro.
 
I miss Well from TFC, but I'm with Lafin in regards to the current version of Well. I just don't find it to be that great of a map. I'll never understand Grainary, other than people don't like it due to there being one major choke point to get the intel through. That makes it much easier to defend. Not to mention, it's not a far walk from the respawn to the intel. If you can't cap the intel, then the map becomes nothing more than a glorified deathmatch game.
 
I agree. Well and Hydro are some of my favorite maps.

[quote1205872197=Aiki]
well is to open and not good for any class. even the sniper.
[/quote1205872197]

I don't know about that, but I usually do pretty well with the spy. The train cars on the sides are perfect for engineers and soldiers have a easy time taking people down.
 
No strategy really seems to work on well. There's no sentry choke points, except for at the second cap, so it ends up just being a stalemate at the 2nd. Usually once middle is capped it never changes hands again, because its too easy to keep one team bottled up in their building.

Granary is just bad. It seems to play well, but its just not fun for some reason. I dont hate it, but I never get that "Ooooo, lets go play some granary" feeling.

I love Hydro though, I dont know why it doesnt fill up. =[
 
We played a remake of the original version of Well during the Late Night Fight, but I don't think it was much of a success. It just doesn't feel the same for some reason. Either that or people just weren't very familiar with it and most people didn't know what it was.
 
I agree we dont need two dustbowl servers one will suffice now what i am thinking is we turn the Dustbowl 2 into a Kustom Kettle server like on the DOD:S side with custom maps but thats just my two cents on the matter

Btw Well wasnt that bad Voided and I had lots of fun on that map :)
 
Eh...if we can find a map that will fill up other than dustbowl then i could see it...but we haven't had that much success with other maps as far as I've heard, but well it would be nice to see another one, but either way I'm fine with whatever we got ^^
 
We've tried that Crimson. That server has gone through a half dozen maps in recent memory, none of them stayed full. When it was on rotation it would fill and then unfill in spikes as popular and unpopular maps came up. And custom maps got even less love. I'm a die-hard Chaos fan and if it ever had more than 12 people in it, I didn't see it.
 
it's not easy to have "The map" that everybody will love, we'll have to do a bit of research to see what the "other hot maps" are.

As far as dustbowl goes, if the two servers are full, then i dont see why we should remove one even if i don't play dustbowl much. Let the people have their fun :)
 
Personally, when I started playing TF2, I loved playing Well and Hydro. They were my favorite maps. It would be nice to have the server, but the purpose defeats itself when it can't stay full. Also, whenever I play Hydro, normally there is one team owning the crap out of the other, and I really have no clue why. Well is a good map, but like Kamphy said, it is hard to get anywhere after capping or not capping the center.

I say we stick with what we have for now.
 
Somebody told me on Convoy the other night that there's a new version of that map. Anybody played it yet?
 
I wish there was a Hydro or Well server. I personally just don't enjoy Hydro because of how random the layout can be. It's really hard for me to play as any class other than a spy because of how open and difficult it is to defend. Well on the other hand, while it does last a while has some awesome kills especially with the trains. :P
 
[quote1206019162=Crimson Dawn ]
Btw Well wasnt that bad Voided and I had lots of fun on that map :)
[/quote1206019162]

Yeah, besides all the deaths by trains, it was really fun! :D

I love all of the TF2 stock maps, I've never really played TFC (although I owned the game long before TF2 came out) and that might have something to do with it.

Hydro has to be one of my favorites too, the randomness of that map mixes up the game play and gives you a new experience every time.
 
Well, perhaps when [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiCLFVPhR4c]Gold Rush[/ame] comes out, we'll be able to put that one permanently into play.
 
Back
Top