StumpyDogLegs

Rookie
Joined
Jul 3, 2014
Messages
78
So I went to turn my rig on and it wouldn't boot up. No clue if it's my mobo,ram, hd, or gpu. Couldn't even get to my bios it just locked up for a minute then black screen with the marker. Well guess I won't be on till I find the cause see u guys soon.:cursing:
 
Can you give any other information? Any unusual noises on boot up? How far can you exactly get before it crashes? Past the manufacturer of your pc or what?
 
No noise fans boot up I get to bios screen then black screen tried switching processor to diff. Mobo but to no boot up at all not sure if any of those things I posted but going to try tomorrow, gonna try my ram first then processor then hard drive.
 
Just a suggestion...You could try reseating your connections from the powersupply and so on. No beeps though on cmos makes it kinda difficult to really say though. Not really much help so far on my end but a few things I can think of are connections, gpu or possibly maybe the mb is borked or something.
 
That sucks. Everyone is getting computer issues like this now a days. :\ From what I've seen its usually RAM but it can vary.
 
Well I found the culprit it's a ram slot so I will not be able to get on the battlefield unless I pick up an 8 gig stick so maybe next weekend or I'll order a New Mobo. Thanks everyone for the help. I guess it's always the ram but in my case the ram slot. Quick fix With a one 8gig stick.;)
 
Hey dude at least you found it relatively quick. The hardest part is over - no more worrying that you'll never figure it out.

I had to play with 4GB for a while when I had a bad stick. Though I guess you have a full job ahead of you since it's the slot itself. Still, congrats on finding it so quick.
 
Back
Top