Bad Company 2 Windows 10 and Punkbuster

Papa1960

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
742
Windows gave me my "free" upgrade to Windows10, and now I can't operate BC2 without getting immediately kicked for a communications service failure. I've downloaded and reinstalled PB, but that doesn't fix it.

Any ideas?

Papa (who really, really, really, misses the game!)
 
Have you tried reinstalling the game? I know it would suck but hey... gotta do what you gotta do. I like Windows 10 on my laptop (I would have it on my desktop too if it weren't for the fear of getting a blue screen like I did when I installed it on my laptop the first time) so I would keep it if you can find a fix to BC2. But again, gotta do what you gotta do.
 
Well, PB says it's a firewall issue, but after trying a bunch of permutations it's still kicking me right after joining a game. I even turned the firewall off completely, and it's still not communicating.
 
If you haven't already, I'd try doing a clean PB un/reinstall. It doesn't take long.

Have you tried the EvenBalance site to see what you can find there? evenbalance.com

"How do I uninstall PunkBuster?

If you do not wish to use PunkBuster any longer, you may remove the entire "pb" folder inside your game folder. By removing this folder, the PunkBuster software will no longer be available. PunkBuster does not save information to other locations of your hard drive, nor does it change your system registry."
 
Last edited:
I submitted a service ticket at EvenBalance; slow process, but eventually the fix was found:

Open pbsvc.exe (as admin) and click install/reinstall. That fixed it.

Now grab a weapon and head for my tank!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top