Has anyone on Gravelpit noticed...

Endiment

Baron O'Beefdip
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
3,596
...that all the griefers come here? 90% of all the troublemakers I see show up on Gravelpit. Am I imagining things?
 
It makes me sad...every time I want to play I think of the good times to be had on Gravelpit, which are quickly stifled by my all-too frequent experiences with punks on that server. Nearly every time I join it's 20%-50% of my time dealing with troublemakers. Warpath and 2fort seem to have the least number of punks in my own experience, and if anything it's a hacker that rolls through, which enhances my playtime after banning them.
 
Nope I don't think its your imagination. Every time I am on that server I find my self muting multiple people. Thats also the only server where I have actually heard people ask if an admin is around. When the answer is no they start using profanity and spamming voice chat . I leave if its to many but if its just one I usually mute them and keep playing.
 
Yes you are right. Actually tonight i was playing there and 3 Members from the clan T3FW came in and started planting Tele's, SG's ETC. outside of our spawn and just sat there doing nothing(Also if you went through the tele's you would get stuck in a glitch). Although it turned out to have them Perma Banned(Thanks to Nighthawk).

But yeah there is alot of griefers in Gravel Pit some of the time. Most of them i see just sit there and do nothing causing the team to lose or they will be swearing in chat ETC.
 
Yeah I find myself playing in the gravelpit server for a few reasons. One, I actually like the map and I enjoy playing it. But the other reason is that most admins usually don't play there, so I try to stick to gravelpit. It is true that more troublemakers seem to flock to that server for some reason. All of the other servers have their punks every now and then, but it seems that they are far more frequent in there.
 
I've been playing in there more and more the last few days, so far I haven't had any issues. The map is really starting to grow on me along with Dustbowl and Warpath. I would NEVER play control/push maps back in TF and TFC, but for some reason they're growing on me.
 
there are a lot in badlands as well, but yes i do believe that gravelpit does get the most =/
 
I totally agree. I posted a little while ago that I have noticed lot more trouble makers on gravelpit than any other servers.
I have been playing on the badlands lately, and people in there are not too bad. Well, they will behave as soon as they realized there is an admin on the server.
 
[quote1206169779=Purple.Huskies]
I totally agree. I posted a little while ago that I have noticed lot more trouble makers on gravelpit than any other servers.
I have been playing on the badlands lately, and people in there are not too bad. Well, they will behave as soon as they realized there is an admin on the server.
[/quote1206169779]
I wish the gravelpit people would feel the same way about an admin joining but noooo... they either get worse or they just try to be funny about it and test the waters as much as they can x)
 
Hmm, B) really? I'll have to play there sometime !amazed ..c ya guys there %-6
 
Absolutely, when I played mostly on the Gravelpit server, I noticed multiple troublemakers on at a time.

Now that I've switched to Convoy, It's rare if I see one troublemaker, and even if I do, its usually only a stray cuss word.
 
Yeah, Gravelpit can get pretty wild. Also, I've had to get an admin to bring order to Dustbowl#2 a few times. Hopefully I will be graduating within a few days so when I do I'll try to play more at gravelpit that way I can deal with any trouble makers that may be there.
 
I play gravelpit more than other servers, so my reply may be skewed, but i honestly do not think that many come to gravelpit. The majority of griefers act when there are no admins around to immediately ban them, and with gravelpit more than other servers there is a notable lack of admins. Whenever I have to deal with troublemakers I have to call in admins to help ban and/or kick. If more admins are on gravelpit and ban immediately we can show an example to other griefers as to what our servers are about.

Just my two cents.
 
I've only seen true (by true I mean a group of people who came for the sole purpose) griefers on eGO once and it was on Gravelpit.
 
Yeah, I heard about that new exploit. However, I normally play the Dustbowl servers, and believe it or not on some occasions, I find myself as the only admin.

But I do understand how terrible that must be.
 
well depending on how this next thing im planning turns out, if it works we should have a couple members on each server prime time or constantly if possible so for now lets get together and just try and come up with a plan to have someone on all the time if that server is getting hit hard.


I can try and play each night around 10-11 if anybody else has time to get on before or after that tell me and maybe we can put a little schedule together.
 
I'm betting it's because of all the exploits and such that have been publicized lately. It's too bad. This is where we, as a community, need to pull together to stem the tide of entropy and keep our servers fun!
 
Judge has the right idea. If we can maintain an admin presence, we'll keep our regular players comfortable and either convert or drive off the punks.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top