A question

ladorne

Rookie
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
87
please tell me your input on this question:

As an "e", on the eGO servers i warn people about their bad language, "distasteful" sprays etc. but i've been getting complaints from an administrator to stop. So, my question is, is it my right as an e to war or should i stop?


edit: i know i can't do anything about it, but it gives me a sense of purpose.
 
If there aren't any admins on the server, or you see something that isn't getting done, you address it. Whether it is to the offending player or the admin if there is one.
 
I was under the impression that when there is no admin, go ahead and politely ask them to watch their language, etc. But, when an admin is present, you may say something about an infraction he or she cannot see (offensive spray in opposite team's spawn, mic swearing, etc.) but no matter what, the admin on the box has the final say.
 
I was there. Ladorne, I agree with you.
Their were maybe 4, 5 admins playing. Me, MaShadow, Captain Calle, and some other which I can't remember. Ladorne died, and so did another player. No other admin was dead. The player said a curse word, and Ladorne warned in All chat as soon as he was alive. An admin, (not saying the name) warned him in Admin All chat to let the admins handle it. Ladorne started arguing (which he shouldn't have), and the admin started arguing back. Ladorne said something like, "Lets see what the council thinks."

This is where it ended. I personally think, considering the circumstances, Ladorne did the right thing. The admin probably didn't know that he was dead, that's why he warned him.
 
In regards to the admin and the e, neither of them should have been arguing publicly. Saying, "Let's see what the council thinks." is in incredibly bad taste. It is unprofessional and makes the clan as a whole look bad when the admin and members act this way. If an admin has a problem (s)he needs to adress it outside the game, either in private messages, psays, or the forums. And an e, whether right or wrong, needs to do the same.

As for the actual infraction, as I tell all e's who show up for admin training, send a message to the admin on duty about what is going on if you feel they missed something. u(team chat) @So in so did somethingorother, please reply in some way so I know you saw this message.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top