[quote1206387559=Dryft]
You can use BootCamp and setup Windows to dualboot alongside OSX on your Macbook and then install Steam in Windows. Many people use this method without any problems, just take the graphics card in your Macbook into consideration for game performance
[/quote1206387559]
Yeah, or I could just run the OS on a machine for which it was designed. I'm glad that Mac has offered Bootcamp for Intel macs, but for me it's too little too late. Heck, back when I was at Gateway (1998-2002), Steve Jobs was quacking about how Apple was going to take the gaming world by storm blah blah blah, and nothing happened. John Carmack was even talking about how Apple was finally doing something good with their Quartz infrastructure ... then ... nothing.
Here we are, years later, and
same old story. Gaming on Linux has advanced further than Mac, and there aren't any billion-dollar companies behind it (that I'm aware of).
Steve Jobs made a big deal about being able to play Fallout on the Mac. Two years ago. Fallout was released on the PC in 1997, and ran in DOS. So, if Apple's "cutting edge" gaming technology can just now run a game that's eleven years old ... pretty sad, Apple.
Oh, and let's not forget that Bungee started off as a Mac software developer, and made the jump to PC design (before Microsoft purchased them) when they decided they actually wanted some hardware support and exposure to serious gamers.
CORRECTED EDIT: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiAgrrwL_mk[/ame]