Battlefield 4 TDM style server

Should we modify our server list?

  • Yes, we need more TDM or close quarters options

    Points: 9 52.9%
  • No, its perfect leave it alone

    Points: 8 47.1%

  • Total voters
    17
  • Poll closed .

SurpriseSucka

Poster
=(e)=
Joined
Jun 15, 2014
Messages
111
AS battlefield has been out for some time now Im noticing something going on. With the addition of the new Night Maps Conquest Large 3000+ ticket server we now have the following:

1. 24/7 lockers (Conquest large)
2. 24/7 Siege (Conquest large)
3. Popular maps (Conquest large)
4. Night Operations Zavod (Conquest large)

75% of our servers are geared towards vehicle centric large maps
BUT
75% of our teamspeak regulars play the only NON vehicle centric server that we have

It seems like we are forcing our regulars to play on our one and only server that runs a single infantry centric map.

It would be nice to find a way for all of us to have atleast one more option for close quarters combat. From what ive been hearing in teamspeak from our regulars and our visitors, The new Night Ops Zavod is great but after 1 or 2 rounds there done with it for the day. Im all for filling servers and supporting our servers but asking us to fill the new server for a 1-2 or 3 hour round of zavod just to keep it filled is a bit much. At the same time we are forcing the 75% of our teamspeak regulars and visitors to only be able to play on lockers, which after 1.5 years is starting to stale just a bit. In doing this we are also forcing everyone to have to go outside of our servers for anything that is not vehicle centric or lockers. I think we could get alot more players to stay on our servers and our teamspeak if we had atleast 1 other option for all things NON vehicle centric. There are like 8 game modes and tons of maps but we only run Conquest large on all of our servers.

From what I hear people saying in our teamspeak, I'm a little worried we are wearing our members out forcing them to only play on conquest large maps. People fill our top ranked Lockers server because it has no vehicles and fast paced combat. That being said though, Im seeing and hearing people wanting atleast another alternative without having to leave our servers for options.
I've been asked by many of our regualrs and teamspeak guests to bring this up to the higher ups. Whatever you guys do, Ill appreciate it. Thanks for listening.
 
Honestly I'm not a fan of the night ops even if they are vehicles it's still just driving around getting shot by everyone hiding in the bushes. So if were going to change something I would do it to that server. As for team speak I usually don't join because it's mostly people on locker and it's distracting when I'm flying. Maybe have a channel named after each server would encourage those to come out and join the channel that has the players they are in game with.
 
I would tend to agree on both points, I'd love to see some game play on the DLC maps and something other than a 3000 ticket conquest large map. Maybe a rotating TDM map that includes the DLC maps, or even a DLC best of conquest large server (though variety in game type would be pretty cool). I understand that we need the server to fill to justify paying for it, to that end can we do a poll to see what folks would be interested in?

On the team speak front, it would be cool to have rooms dedicated and named after each server. I'd still keep a general room in to use under Battlefield, however its nice to have dedicated rooms so that the folks playing and gloating about kills on lockers and the folks doing the same on S of S don't fight for air time.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
 
We had tried TDM rotational server before, and it has never been able to be full consistently. We would fill it only to see almost empty in 2-3 hours later. The problem with TDM in my option, it more of warm up mode for me at least, it lacks variety so people tend come play couple rounds and leave.
 
As for team speak I usually don't join because it's mostly people on locker and it's distracting when I'm flying. Maybe have a channel named after each server would encourage those to come out and join the channel that has the players they are in game with.

This is a good idea, one that I have expressed myself. Have the rooms divided, as sometimes it is a bit distracting to have 20+ people in a single channel, and 1/2 are playing Zavod:GS and the other half in lockers. I believe that people congregate for social interactions which is why it happens.

SurpriseSucka said:
It would be nice to find a way for all of us to have atleast one more option for close quarters combat. From what ive been hearing in teamspeak from our regulars and our visitors, The new Night Ops Zavod is great but after 1 or 2 rounds there done with it for the day.

Speaking of Zavod:GS, if you check the chat, a lot of people's complaints is the ticket count. 3000 tix is a long match. I think someone said, yesterday, there was a single LCQ match that lasted an hour and 22 minutes? One of the games I played ended with 49 seconds left on the clock. I'm generally thinking that people are digging the rotation (TDM, TDM, LCQ) but SS is right, one match and I'm done for the day in that map.

I'm liking the idea of a rotating TDM premium server, I'm also liking the idea of a rotating LCQ premium server. Justly and efficiently advertised, combined with efforts from us to help pop instead of being 16th in queue for lockers, I'm sure that it can fill up.
 
weeeeeeeeeeee neeeeeeeeeeeeeed bf33333333 mettttttttrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo
 
I myself am not a big fan of TDM period. I do think that Conquest large on night maps is a bit too much. Why not drop it one step lower and try just the normal Conquest?

I also think that designated channels for the servers would be a good addition, as well as a general "Room 5" for the usage of normal BF talk and chilling out.

And yes, I agree partly with Army, I want some BF3!
 
The 24/7 Locker room lately has had up to 15 players in line waiting to get in, I've been playing TDM in games since 2000 and what I have noticed is that with each new game that comes out the TDM maps are smaller and smaller. Do the rooms with vehicles have to have all vehicle types or can you remove some of them? I think all types of maps and rooms might be more fun if some of the vehicles were removed, like Jets and Attack Helicopters. You get guys in them that never die because their just that good and people not in vehicles die instantly.
Another thing you could do is Rank Limited, no higher than 2nd Lt. in one room so those of us who don't game all the time feel like we have a chance instead of instant defeat against 5 star Generals.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top