Badlands

Personally? I despise the new tf2 map, when I heard they were remaking it, I was so excited, the original was an awesome map, but now, it's changed too much.
 
Never could get into it.

Tell Leslie he needs to update his sig generator!
 
I miss badlands, too. It is well designed map once you spend a little time to know about the map. Only problem was, there are very few people who know how to win the map, and it resulted in one side winning all the time.

I do prefer valve official maps because they tend to be more balanced than the custom maps. The problem is the official maps are desgned 12 vs 12 in mind so on 32 slot servers they may not seem as balance as originally intended.
 
I didn't care for it much myself and am glad it's lost popularity. The only thing worthwhile (imo) are the spiral cap points...
 
[quote1206740546=Voltaire]
Personally? I despise the new tf2 map, when I heard they were remaking it, I was so excited, the original was an awesome map, but now, it's changed too much.
[/quote1206740546]
I fully agree. I didnt think it was anything like the original
 
I miss Badlands, too... sure it was nothing like the original, but it turned out a lot better than well, and just be happy they haven't ported canals yet. Besides, the original was fun but didn't have much 'play' -- there was either the canyon which one good sniper could hold down indefinitely, or the building side with dozens of ledges and crannies that made too good of spots for sg's.

Sure, a Warpath #2 seems like a good idea -- but that's just because you want to be playing on #1. Badlands I feel is a great map, and it's a shame eGO no longer includes it in their lineup. Perhaps you could even just make it a rotation server, to serve up all the tracks that aren't popular enough to gain their own slot...
 
[quote1206840121=Voltaire]
Personally? I despise the new tf2 map, when I heard they were remaking it, I was so excited, the original was an awesome map, but now, it's changed too much.
[/quote1206840121]

same here, i always stunk at it
 
It was a good map, but replacing it with is custom map is just as fine. Still, eGO should have ALL Valve maps on their servers.
 
YES badlands was my favorite map, probably just because it was so easy for spys to hide lol and i could get like 10-15 per spawn

R.I.P. eGO Badlands ='(
 
I miss badlands too. It was the kind of map that you could enjoy playing each characters and have a lot of points with each one of them. But Voltaire is right in some kind of way, but that doesn't change the fact that Badlands is a great map.
 
I love the map, but its just not set up well, as far as the timers and stuff go. The points dont change hands enough to keep the game going. Too often one team caps mid, and its just a stalemate at the other's 2nd. The 10 minute timer runs out seemingly every 5 seconds. Stalemates suck. It needs an infinite timer, or a 25 minute one like warpath.

Speaking of warpath, I gotta spend some time on that one. I just played it for the first time yesterday and loved it. Its one of the few maps I enjoy being a medic on.
 
Back
Top