Badlands

poor Jon.. he cant own anybody with his flamethrowe of death MUAUAUAU!!!
 
This is sort of off topic, but has the possibility to running a map rotation server ever come up? There's a bunch of 24/7s which are awesome, but it might be nice to chill and a variety of maps.
 
I'm pretty impartial to badlands, the map was pretty good fun, I found i could play almost and class and do well in the map, except spy. Which isn't to common for me(doing well in a majority of the classes). I didn't play it all too much mainly because I just didn't find it as fun. Guess i got spoiled by some of the other servers. I don't understand why it gets so much slack. To me it was a pretty well laid out map.
 
[quote1206911249=Viashimo]
This is sort of off topic, but has the possibility to running a map rotation server ever come up? There's a bunch of 24/7s which are awesome, but it might be nice to chill and a variety of maps.
[/quote1206911249]Actually, it has.

However, it failed when we did it. At the time, we were only running the Valve made maps, and whenever Granary would come up, almost everyone left, and a few would show up for Well, then get full again once 2fort came around. The inconsistency of the server threw some people away from that and that's why we don't have it.


As for Badlands, I like the map, but if you made me choose between that and Dustbowl (or Warpath), it will lose.
 
I think if we had rotation of maps, it gives more variety. Which would give the chance of attracting more people. Someone may come to play on a map, enjoy it, and see our other servers then become a regular even a member.
 
heh, it could be a rotation of custom maps too. and of course spam ads for the 24/7 servers :D
 
For a while before the badlands server changed to warpath2, it was cp_rockbound, which I kinda liked. Are we gonna see more rockbound anytime soon?
 
As far as hosting all the Valve maps go, I don't think that's necessary... Hydro was alright, but it tends to just end up in a back-n-forth round lasting for hours (tc is a good concept, though). Well (the map, both versions) I feel is just poorly executed -- it might because I never spent the time to get the hang of it, but it just never felt worth sticking around (nothing compared to the original ctf).

Badlands I feel should have another chance, though. It seems that by design it's the most balanced for all of the classes, and the ten minute times really help keep things moving back and forth (if not 10 min... maybe 12 would do). It never seemed to be that empty... It's just simple fact that 2fort, Dustbowl, and Warpath tend to fill up first, and tend to slow down later at night, but compare the player avg per hour to either Warpath #2, 2fort Gamerail, or Dustbowl #2 and I'm sure it wouldn't be any worse.

Haven't tried out Goldrush though, but looking forward to it...
 
I want the badlands again.

I also would like to know the reasoning behind why we did take this server awa? It was my favorite map with cp_dustbowl.

but the ctf_badlands remake looks good as well.
 
Yeah Badlands is awesome. I was so bummed when I saw that it had been taken down. I hope we bring it back....
 
[quote1206998877=Captain Mental]
We are up to a point where we are going to need 10 more servers :)
[/quote1206998877]

I agree. Its very frustrating to find 2fort or gravelpit full around the times I like to get on.

I found it too easy to die on badlands, I don't know why.
 
I would gladly donate more often in support of a Badlands server, about $20 a month. I love eGO servers, and I love Badlands I would do anything to get a Badlands server back.
 
I find it to be a rather unenjoyable map. I mean yes, it has all the elements that make it a TF2 map... but it just seems to be missing something. I view it just like kHeavy... a quick little something to tide you over until Goldrush is released.
 
I loved badlands too, but the server just wasn't staying full. And if it dropped below half, it would drop all the way. Hopefully it comes back with more servers.
 
Is there a chance that one of the new Gamerail servers will be Badlands, or part of a rotation including Badlands?
 
I only got to play on badlands once before it became warpath #2, I did not do very well but I did enjoy the map.

I think it would be great if we had at least one server with a map rotation of maps not featured in the 24/7 servers.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top