Community Unity *Please Read*

Monkeybits

EGO Zealot
Joined
Apr 14, 2008
Messages
1,860
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a fantastic clan. Even headed for 2,000 members, we all seem to find the opportunity to get to know one another and watch out for each other.

Tonight I've pulled my [Kancho!] group tag, because I'm eGO. We don't want subdivisions.

To that end, we're also asking for the removal of any =WAR= tags. You can absolutely play whatever map you like, and associate with the fine people you normally play with on that map. All we ask is that there be no formalized division.

If you see anyone wearing a =WAR= tag, please remind them that we are one united community, and that tag should be removed.
 
I was wondering what all that stuff was.

I play in all places, with all people.

I hope everyone feels the same way.
 
ye, everyone should just be working to keep the servers as full as possible, as often as possible and to everyone, members, future members, and pubs have fun whilst playing on them. Speaking of which, i'm off to do my job right now! :)
 
Everybody will remove their tags as soon as they are online, sorry we did not know we'd be creating problems by showing our affection to our favorite map. All of us are 100% ego members and we like it like that and do not have any intention of wanting to divide the clan by any means.
 
I will also remove my -RIP- tag, just so there is no confusion. I am not above or below any one of you. We are all a team here, and are all equals. I will from now on just have the admin recruiter deal.
 
that is a good decision Monkeybits. Since some weeks, people were adding new tag on their own name. It was confusing. I hope that will get the members closer than ever :)
 
I am in agreement with TheJudge. I feel that if Herm removes the -RIP- some appropriate punishment must be enforced.
 
I'm sorry, but this was my concern.

I don't have a problem having the group Warpathians. That's cool. A group of people who like to play on Warpath, but as soon as you slap on that tag, it's more than a group. It is an identity, like eGO. Herm's -RIP- isn't even a group, but a remembrance and respect. To me, it's just part of his name.
 
I like this clan. It is fantastic! Everyone seems super nice. It reminds me of a famous quote from Abraham Lincoln:

"Be excellent to each other. ...And... party on, dudes!"

:)
 
Quick question I have <TWM> at the end of my name. Stands for the steam group teamwork movement. Should i take that off?
 
I think the primary concern here is not tags for memberships outside the scope of eGO, but tags for groups that are primarly composed of a single sect of the eGO population. A tag representing your affiliation with a group entirely unrelated to eGO does not create any kind of contention within the clan.
 
Lafinass said it correctly, as long as your affiliation with an outside entity does not cause a conflict of interest ie: using our servers/forums to recruit for another clan/organization there is no problem whatsoever with having the TMW tag on the end of your name.
 
Incidentally, this is really good discussion, and the more we talk about these things in a respectful and open manner, the less problems we're likely to inadvertently run into.
 
Back
Top