Long-form Reviews

Joined
Oct 22, 2015
Messages
52
Give me your opinion of the game in as many words as you'd like. I'd like to have a deep and detailed discussion with you about the pros/cons of this game.

While it isn't a totally invalid comparison, let's try and refrain from comparing this game to previous fallouts.
 
Good game, not great, but good. As a huge fan of the fallout franchise I was not too dissapointed, as I expected Bethesda to take an even more mainstream approach to this game, following the success of skyrim. Bethesda tried to appeal to everybody with this game, and because of that many aspects are a bit lackluster. Many quests seem to be missing from the game, because it has about 1/4 as many qeusts as previous fallout games. My question is, if they spent less time working on quests, where did that time go? Voicing the dialogue? That hurt the game as well, as we were given less choices in the game. Bethesdas main main appeal to fallout 3 was choice. Thats what it was all about. There doesn't seem to be too much of that in this one. The atmosphere is good. The sound is good, the combat is good, but its just not all there. They could have made an amazing game with this, had they not cut corners on dialogue, story, characters, and side quests.

Overall, it IS a good game. Just not great. Not amazing like fallout 3, or new vegas from obsidian.
I would have to give it a 7.8/10

EDIT: Wanted to add a few things.

The weapon and armor mod system is perfect for fallout.
The idea of player created settlements is perfect as well, but wasn't executed properly. Feels a bit rushed.

I think that if Bethesda delayed the game for a year, they could have had a 10/10 game.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top