- Joined
- Feb 23, 2013
- Messages
- 319
Are you a History major in college, aspire to be, or already hold a degree in it? Great!
For those of you who haven't even considered it, why?
I am about about 75% done with a Bachelors in History, through this learning I've had an opportunity to learn so much about how the world developed around us, where much of the animosity between nations has stemmed from, and how the U.S. got started.
I know many of you are looking to get into IT, or engineering, or perhaps you want to hold a degree in physics, chemistry, etc. etc. I would never tell you not to go for your dreams but take a minute and consider this long lost profession of being a historian, the job doesn't stop at being a high school history teacher, I promise. If you master history and acquire a PhD you could land a government job making well over $100,000 a year working at different locations around the U.S.
But for many of you who refuse to go into a history degree, can I sway you to go grab a book of the world and learn about things such as the Fertile Crescent, or the War of 1812... those little things that were lost in the books of time. We are citizens of this tiny rock and yet we know so little about how we came to be, it's almost embarrassing how little civilization has back peddled even though technologically we have soured.
So because this post is more than a rant, can I get all the heck yeas for my future historians out there? Or can someone tell me what piqued their interest lately, historically speaking.
Other than that, Merry Christmas Y'all!
For those of you who haven't even considered it, why?
I am about about 75% done with a Bachelors in History, through this learning I've had an opportunity to learn so much about how the world developed around us, where much of the animosity between nations has stemmed from, and how the U.S. got started.
I know many of you are looking to get into IT, or engineering, or perhaps you want to hold a degree in physics, chemistry, etc. etc. I would never tell you not to go for your dreams but take a minute and consider this long lost profession of being a historian, the job doesn't stop at being a high school history teacher, I promise. If you master history and acquire a PhD you could land a government job making well over $100,000 a year working at different locations around the U.S.
But for many of you who refuse to go into a history degree, can I sway you to go grab a book of the world and learn about things such as the Fertile Crescent, or the War of 1812... those little things that were lost in the books of time. We are citizens of this tiny rock and yet we know so little about how we came to be, it's almost embarrassing how little civilization has back peddled even though technologically we have soured.
So because this post is more than a rant, can I get all the heck yeas for my future historians out there? Or can someone tell me what piqued their interest lately, historically speaking.
Other than that, Merry Christmas Y'all!





