Steam Store Down - Avoid Right Now

Simon

Forum Legend
=(eGO)=
Joined
Jan 10, 2010
Messages
12,221
At this moment, Fri Dec 25th, 4:15pm, avoid the Steam store. Steam is having cache issues, resulting in seeing other users information and account details. Store is now down.

I will keep this thread updated as I can.


See here:

[ame]https://twitter.com/SteamDB/status/680490823226671104[/ame]

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/3y7r0b/do_not_login_to_any_steam_websites/



As of midnight, thing's seem good now.
 
Last edited:
Logins and wallet purchases are back online now. Steamcommunity is still not allowing logins.
 
Apparently they changed a configuration or something server-side that caused this whole thing. Nothing could be changed as the only things people were seeing was cached pages from other users, and they couldn't buy anything either supposedly.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/0/458604254431478327/

Based on what I saw as well, it wasn't taking over a session, just cached pages. Still a major mistake on their part and quite embarrassing for the amount of time it was up.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top