Official eGO 2016 Buyers Guide: Headset

Legend

Councilman Polamalu
Sr. Manager
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
15,000
What is the must buy headset for 2016? Post your thoughts here.
 
Either the V-MODA Crossfade M-100 (much high end, such wow, very expensive)

http://v-moda.com/crossfade-m-100/

or the Razer Kraken Chroma

http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-kraken-71-chroma

I have the Razer Kraken Forged Edition (same insides of the Chroma just more high end and no chroma lights), they sound awesome but kinda having buyer's remorse knowing I could get the 50mm Drive audiophiles that are the M-100s. Mine are only 40mm.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-kraken-forged-edition
 
Last edited:
I'll post what I'm planning to buy and use, mainly for music and watching media than gaming. The High-Res audio is the selling point. Sennheiser had a headset that would come close to this. I'm not sure if it works over Bluetooth on the computer as with the phone, but it has a built in microphone for Hands-free calls. Would be nice if that is recognized in games as a microphone. I have a Yeti for voice chat as a backup.

http://www.sony.com/electronics/headband-headphones/mdr-1abt

Second pick would be the Sennheiser, but the microphone and not wireless makes it inconvenient for taking it on the move. I want something portable. The 7.1 virtual sound is rather nice.

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/gaming-headset-pc-363d
 
Last edited:
i second the Razer Kraken Chroma, it's been the best one for me so far.
 
I have the HyperX Clouds and they are the best $70 headset, hands down!

Very solid and comfortable build quality! They come with all the accessories you need,... both types of ear muffs, "leather" and cloth. Detachable mic, extra cords depending how far your PC is to your seat. Comes with an adapter, so you can plug into your phone. And a carrying case! Sound and Mic quality are awesome! They also have a Clouds II verson, but I don't own them so I won't speak for them but in my guess, the are probably the best $100 headset if you loooking to spend just $30 more.

I've had the cheap $30 logitech, Razer Megaladon's, and Razer Kraken Pro's. And I chose the Clouds over all of them, any day....

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-KHX-H3CLW/dp/B00KX3TLF4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451409231&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=hyperx+cloud&psc=1"]Amazon.com: HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset - White (KHX-H3CLW): Computers & Accessories@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41KFerym3bL.@@AMEPARAM@@41KFerym3bL[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-PS4/dp/B00SAYCXWG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451408952&sr=8-1&keywords=hyperx+cloud+2"]Amazon.com: HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset for PC & PS4 - Red (KHX-HSCP-RD): Computers & Accessories@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Z3t92Hu6L.@@AMEPARAM@@41Z3t92Hu6L[/ame]
 
Last edited:
Gaming wise, it's gotta be the Logitech G930:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-Surround/dp/B003VANOFY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451418556&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+wireless+headset"]Amazon.com: Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4148y6IQ1xL.@@AMEPARAM@@4148y6IQ1xL[/ame]

Professional audio wise, I use these at the radio station I work at and they're the industry standard.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-Professional-Diaphragm-Headphone/dp/B000AJIF4E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451418578&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+professional+headphones"]Amazon.com: Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51DCPnqbdjL.@@AMEPARAM@@51DCPnqbdjL[/ame]
 
Last edited:
Logitech G633s best headset, blow the other G-Series headsets out of the water.

It's their new Headsets they just unveiled. G930s were my old headset but now they don't even compare.
 
Last edited:
Sennheiser g4me Zeros for me.

square_louped_G4ME-ZERO-black-Shoot-01.jpg
 
Logitech G330 if you don't like big bulky headset and great comfort.
Logitech G230 for balanced audio quality and comfort on ears and head.
both are in my re-buy list..
 
I have the HyperX Clouds and they are the best $70 headset, hands down!

Very solid and comfortable build quality! They come with all the accessories you need,... both types of ear muffs, "leather" and cloth. Detachable mic, extra cords depending how far your PC is to your seat. Comes with an adapter, so you can plug into your phone. And a carrying case! Sound and Mic quality are awesome! They also have a Clouds II verson, but I don't own them so I won't speak for them but in my guess, the are probably the best $100 headset if you loooking to spend just $30 more.

I've had the cheap $30 logitech, Razer Megaladon's, and Razer Kraken Pro's. And I chose the Clouds over all of them, any day....

Amazon.com: HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset - White (KHX-H3CLW): Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset for PC & PS4 - Red (KHX-HSCP-RD): Computers & Accessories

Yeah, these headphones are great. I was able to snatch the same exact headphones for like 50 dollars here: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Gemini-HSR-1000-Professional-Monitoring-Headphones/dp/B006Y2BI04"]Amazon.com: Gemini DJ HSR-1000 - Professional Monitoring Headphones: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/419NPIu3hnL.@@AMEPARAM@@419NPIu3hnL[/ame] , sadly it seems that amazon isn't selling them anymore. The only complaint I have about these is that the ear muffs are a bit too small for my ears.
 
I have the HyperX Clouds and they are the best $70 headset, hands down!

I bought these for my brother for x-mas, he loves them. I was impressed by the quality and the price.
 
For those with a larger budget, Astro out out their new line of headsets, the Astro A40 Tr's which offer a customizable package, but there are only 2 for now. Green and BLOPS III
 
Back
Top