Battlefield 4: Move Onscreen Chat

Artimus

Springsteen's Boss
Board Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2006
Messages
7,356
** Thank you 1010101Binary for this guide.

To move the onscreen chat you can edit the file :

For Windows 7
C:\Users\USER_NAME_HERE\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings\PROFSAVE_PROFILE.

Search for the line with "GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaWidth" in it, and modify from 1.0 to 0.3.

This will bring the radar box and the text into the center screen (instead of all the way in the corner of the left screen)
 
Last edited:
Can anyone post a picture of what this looks like on screen, please? Maybe it would explain how this is useful.

Thanks.
 
This is only going to be useful if you running 3 monitor setup or an ultra wide monitor. I find textbox fine where it is for standard monitor.
 
o.O that is a terrible location to put the chat box

I don't want to move the chatbox, I just want to make it smaller.
 
Hey guys, I actually just saw this post and wanted to show people what i'm talking about. I'm running three monitors so i have pretty much a 170 degree view of the battlefield. It's an amazing setup, but the text box and radar box would be waaay off in the corner of the left screen. Once you change this setting, the text box and radar show up where they are supposed to. Here's the screenshot below of what my game looks like on the new 60 hz server

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6PsmCdG4udISW1xZHVDdkYxU2c
 
Looks like a hack to me. I KNEW you were hacking!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top