[quote1207307350=Bub]
I am Legend and Saving Private Ryan anyone?
[/quote1207307350]
Saving Private Ryan is very good, but there a lot of other war movies that are about the same level, at least according to me. I really enjoyed We Were Soldiers, Tae Guk Gi (The Brotherhood of War) and Black Hawk Down. Each of those movies brought a tear to my eye at some point, usually the finale
As for I am Legend, I kinda have mixed feelings, and I know there are a lot of people that didnt like it. (but their reason is usually the artificial look that the monsters have) The movie is AWESOME up to the point where the woman comes in. Everything till then makes sense, and then she shows up and ruins everything. It's not that much the introduction of another character, as it's the whole religious direction that the movies takes from there. Will Smith probably deserves an Oscar for his acting in I Am Legend, but the movies itself needs an alternative ending, or at least some changes. When a sci-fi movie gets involved with God, it usually gets spoiled.
[quote1207307346=Toasteddude]
Princess Mononoke is my favorite movie and I think that everyone should see it. It leaves you with a great fuzzy feeling at the end.
[/quote1207307346]
It's one of the few globally popular anime movies, but you should really see the Ghost In The Shell Movies, everything created by Satoshi Kon and Makoto Shinkai. The list really goes on...
I am Legend and Saving Private Ryan anyone?
[/quote1207307350]
Saving Private Ryan is very good, but there a lot of other war movies that are about the same level, at least according to me. I really enjoyed We Were Soldiers, Tae Guk Gi (The Brotherhood of War) and Black Hawk Down. Each of those movies brought a tear to my eye at some point, usually the finale
As for I am Legend, I kinda have mixed feelings, and I know there are a lot of people that didnt like it. (but their reason is usually the artificial look that the monsters have) The movie is AWESOME up to the point where the woman comes in. Everything till then makes sense, and then she shows up and ruins everything. It's not that much the introduction of another character, as it's the whole religious direction that the movies takes from there. Will Smith probably deserves an Oscar for his acting in I Am Legend, but the movies itself needs an alternative ending, or at least some changes. When a sci-fi movie gets involved with God, it usually gets spoiled.
[quote1207307346=Toasteddude]
Princess Mononoke is my favorite movie and I think that everyone should see it. It leaves you with a great fuzzy feeling at the end.
[/quote1207307346]
It's one of the few globally popular anime movies, but you should really see the Ghost In The Shell Movies, everything created by Satoshi Kon and Makoto Shinkai. The list really goes on...













