Check a few of the posts here on the forums I posted a build list witch may interest you there is also some info on a second agent that is very helpful also a solo pvp build that really helps me out in the DZ (Dark Zone).
My personal opinion is (depending on your build) is that an SMG + Marksman rifle are your best friends. But again the builds i posted will help you in determining what weapons are best for that class
I would wait until lvl 30 before venturing into the DZ due to the high demand for DPS ect in the game
If you have any specific questions please let me know just in case I did not cover something you have a question about. I know a tun about the game so far!
Agent lvl 30 with DZ lvl 45 and working on a 2nd agent!