Game ideas?

TheMajeye

Thread Junky
Joined
Oct 29, 2015
Messages
811
I'm seeking a fairly specific type of game, to no avail.

Perhaps someone here knows that of which I seek.

I'm seeking a game, a builder of sorts, I guess kind of like Sim City.. with zero combat involved, or very minimal (defensive) combat involved. But set in a more medieval timeset.

I saw a few on steam, but most of those are copy/paste versions of "The Banished", and I'm not a huge fan of that game.

Just looking for a few more ideas for builder games similar to banished, sim city, etc.

(Minecraft does not count, i'm looking for a top-down viewpoint, not first person, and i get bored of minecraft really really fast nowadays)
 
Could try one of the older games from the Anno series 1400/1500/1600 (I forgot the names of them but they go kinda like that "Anno *Insert year here*"

Really Banished is the only game that is kinda new that is like what you are looking for.
 
Maybe the first Stronghold, it's a city builder/castle builder. It sort of has combat, but if I remember correctly it has game modes where you can turn off the combat elements.
 
Last edited:
i like the civilization series... start with barren world and build cities and your country
and trade or conquer other countries what ever you desire.
each time you start new it plays little different depends on your play
choices each round (year) .
 
Well, if you like the lesser known of the game world, you could try these out:

Knights and Merchants
Children of the Nile
Widelands
Unknown Horizons

I have played these, but not for long as I played them with friends. We used to meet up and see how far we could get on our own games, but that was about it. Almost like a Book Club, if you will lol.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top