Be aware if you plan to buy this.

matt98

Forum Fiend
Joined
Nov 29, 2012
Messages
717
*edited as I felt the first thing did not have the right format to post the good about the game as well was late when I did it:)


PVE Is fun for a bit but gets boring at end game due to lack of content.

PVP got broken by hackers as of 4/19 again they are back. The hacks include teleporting around, self reviving ( no not nomads lol) , Shooting through walls, Inflated DMG rpm ( yep its back saw it today to) You can run into 10+ in a night easily and that is if your lucky at avoiding them.

PVP is also if they get rid of the hacks messed up by a huge pve exploit at higher levels that allowed people to mass farm the best set items in game currently so they go around bored just killing anyone who tried to play fair or are new.

PVP gives the unique feel of being in a dont trust anyone atmosphere especially at supply drops

pvp / pve . Playing in groups can help especially when new but you can also solo and have fun. Alot of my play time is purely solo especially in PVP


conclusion

If you can get past these short comings you do have an amazing game. If you can't I would wait a few months and see if its better. Overall The cover combat and premise is very fun. You can easily feel a don't trust anyone atmosphere in the game. The story itself is fairly straight foward in single player but leaves a lot of room for continuation and things to look forward to.
 
Last edited:
Are there issues with this game as there is with any large scale online multiplayer game? Yes.

However I have and still am really enjoying the game as are many people daily. We have many players on teamspeak everyday playing endgame and PVP. We are also getting some new recruits and people in solely because of this game. By and large it is a fun game and I certainly think I got my money's worth.

Just because it is not your cup of tea doesn't mean you need to try and crap on it at every turn.
 
The game is 4 weeks old, its going to have some issues . There is end game content , maybe you havent tried it? PvP is not broken by hackers , you may see one or two real hackers in a server . The game has some of the same problems many games that have been out for years have , including your game minecraft .

Everyone is having fun with the game in team speak , there is always something to do and people to help you or be helped.
 
I got tired when i was writing it and probably should not have put it up last night. I just finished the entire explanation today of how it feels as is.



To duce yes I have played all the pve content Its why i felt it was a good time to write this so others can be aware as I have been asked a few times recently.
 
Last edited:
I got tired when i was writing it and probably should not have put it up last night. I just finished the entire explanation today of how it feels as is.



To duce yes I have played all the pve content Its why i felt it was a good time to write this so others can be aware as I have been asked a few times recently.


you have beat the incursion on challenge mode and have all your high end gear set already? You have gotten to level 99 in the dark zone and gotten all the blueprints ? The end game here isint one and done , its like any other mmo , you raid it til you have your guy fully geared up.

The mmo experiance:

Quest until max level

raid until max gear level

pvp to fill in time until next content release

Its the same cycle for any mmo out there.
 
Duce If ya wanna talk about what i personally did ill g ladly meet with ya on ts. This was more a overview of what people are getting into not how long or how much grinding to get gear ( which imo i am still doing for perfect rolls but feel the process is lacking hence the pve end game comment)
 
Last edited:
you have beat the incursion on challenge mode and have all your high end gear set already? You have gotten to level 99 in the dark zone and gotten all the blueprints ? The end game here isint one and done , its like any other mmo , you raid it til you have your guy fully geared up.

The mmo experiance:

Quest until max level

raid until max gear level

pvp to fill in time until next content release

Its the same cycle for any mmo out there.

The Division does not have raids... Yet, maybe in the future but as of now no it does not.

I don't see the Division as an MMO. It seemed like a half baked MMO at best. Hell Destiny in the state it is now is far more an MMO then the Division. To me the game seemed to be more incline with a less fun Borderlands.

Don't get me wrong tho. I love the idea and environment of the Division, It's freaking beautiful to walk around and look at things. I also love the feeling of finally getting the weapon or equipment I have been grinding for for all so long, Or getting that achievement/rep I have been working on for weeks or sadly longer then that for. The story is solid too, they laid great ground work for an interesting story that I would not mind reading more about.

For some that is enough of a carrot to chase after. For others tho it's not. They start to notice that all the weapons kinda feel the same but with different numbers that pop out of the baddies. Hell even the baddies are all feeling the same now just takes more bullets to kill them. The environment that once was so vibrant is now drab and empty upon closer inspection, the story severely lacking in helping draw me into the shoes of my player.

In the end you got to look at it from both shades of the glasses :P
To some the game is fun as is. To others they notice the things that are wrong. Down the line things may change tho and bring back the players it lost or even new players to the game. Or the facade can start to crack where the players who enjoyed the game as is start to notice the imperfections and leave.
 
The Division does not have raids... Yet, maybe in the future but as of now no it does not.

I don't see the Division as an MMO. It seemed like a half baked MMO at best. Hell Destiny in the state it is now is far more an MMO then the Division. To me the game seemed to be more incline with a less fun Borderlands.

Don't get me wrong tho. I love the idea and environment of the Division, It's freaking beautiful to walk around and look at things. I also love the feeling of finally getting the weapon or equipment I have been grinding for for all so long, Or getting that achievement/rep I have been working on for weeks or sadly longer then that for. The story is solid too, they laid great ground work for an interesting story that I would not mind reading more about.

For some that is enough of a carrot to chase after. For others tho it's not. They start to notice that all the weapons kinda feel the same but with different numbers that pop out of the baddies. Hell even the baddies are all feeling the same now just takes more bullets to kill them. The environment that once was so vibrant is now drab and empty upon closer inspection, the story severely lacking in helping draw me into the shoes of my player.

In the end you got to look at it from both shades of the glasses :P
To some the game is fun as is. To others they notice the things that are wrong. Down the line things may change tho and bring back the players it lost or even new players to the game. Or the facade can start to crack where the players who enjoyed the game as is start to notice the imperfections and leave.

Falcon lost is a raid , be it a small one, its nothing your going to solo any time soon . Like i said earlier , the game is 4 weeks old , with one free content upgrade, give it time .
You may not feel like its an mmo but it has the same mmo cycle. Ive looked at it from both sides , like i said in my first post the game has some faults but nothing that makes it unplayable . Many people enjoy the game many will not , just like any other game.
 
First, lets define the word "raid":

ai38jX9.jpg


Good, now thats out of the way, I think its safe to say that everything you do in The Division is a raid.
 
First, lets define the word "raid":

Good, now thats out of the way, I think its safe to say that everything you do in The Division is a raid.

C35CGb5.jpg


Now thats out of the way... Why and a lot of other people don't think it's a raid. It's a dungeon at best, hell it's more of just a wave based survival event.
 
C35CGb5.jpg


Now thats out of the way... Why and a lot of other people don't think it's a raid. It's a dungeon at best, hell it's more of just a wave based survival event.

By these definitions, Destiny didn't have raids either. The default group size is 1. Max is 4. Just like how in WoW, default group size was 1 and max was 40. It's a raid.

The game is fun. Very very fun.
 
By these definitions, Destiny didn't have raids either. The default group size is 1. Max is 4. Just like how in WoW, default group size was 1 and max was 40. It's a raid.

Just to point out a few things to correct this. Strikes in Destiny are 3 man, they are quick and the enemies are not terribly hard to defeat with some kind of mini boss at the end. The raids in Destiny are 6+ player dungeons that are considerably longer to complete with harder mobs and an even harder end boss.

Compared to the incursions currently in the Division that take the same amount of players as always with the same kind of mobs found already (besides one new mob drone) fighting wave after wave until it's over.

People were expecting more when they first announced incursions is what I was getting at. Something along the line of Destiny maybe but just something more then a lazy wave attack event...

Both are not MMO's really. They both tried and do come up short in a lot of ways. But like people have said earlier. The game is still fairly fresh so things can be added.
 
Ging honestly That depends how you look at it. PVP was screwed over badly by sets. People have full sets from the exploit with proper rolls and are using it to slaughter others. So yes while the exploits gone the damage of it remains thus still affecting dark zone.
 
Ging honestly That depends how you look at it. PVP was screwed over badly by sets. People have full sets from the exploit with proper rolls and are using it to slaughter others. So yes while the exploits gone the damage of it remains thus still affecting dark zone.

I didn't exploit at all and I have 4p Sentry's Call and Reckless/Savage chest and gloves. 225k DPS, 80k health. I don't get slaughtered. You realize you can get full sets without walking into the DZ?
 
I do as well ging. But you still cant compete against the people that clearly farmed 240. variant. Its extremely obvious when you face off against them stat wise.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top