Todd Howard: "the way we did some dialogue stuff, that didn't work as well."

Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
1,488
Todd Howard: "the way we did some dialogue stuff, that didn't work as well."

gamespot.com/videos/todd-howard-talks-modding-at-bethesda-e3-2016/2300-6432858/

Relevant portion:
"I think our fans are used to it over time, that we do like to try new things. And we'll have some successes, you know I think the shooting in Fallout 4 is really good, I think it plays really well. Obviously, the way we did some dialogue stuff, that didn't work as well. But it was I think -- I know the reasons we tried that, to make a nice interactive conversation, but [it was] less successful than other things in the game. For us, we take that feedback, and I think long term.

Or other things we did in the game, like the choices you have in the end. When we have an opportunity with something like Far Harbor, like "Okay, how many ways can it end?" Let's give them more choice with something like that. And so it's not just a one-off, meaning Fallout 4 comes out and then we forget about it.

I think it's an ongoing thing, and I think that kind of feedback we get is really, really helpful. And you're right that everybody does have an opinion, and I think that's good."
 
It'd be nice if they gave you an option to turn off the voice acting from the protagonist. I just found myself clicking the sarcastic option 99% of the time, then it was followed up by dialogue that didn't fit
 
I didn't mind the dialogue quite as much as a lot of people - But I did think it didn't work quite as well as the dialogue system in FO:3 and NV did. Having a voiced protagonist made a lot of the dialogue choices have a rather generic response. But I agree that there should be an option for it.

By the way, Compton - Your baseball GIF is freaking hilarious.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top