My Reaction to the New Policy

I have really liked the idea that we still have rules, but at the same time I can write almost what. Ever I want. The reason I came to ego servers was the fact the rules. I would leave ego if I couldn't write what ever I wanted. Not that I do but it's nice to know I'll never have to deal with watching what I say. Also think maybe you guys can find a happy center to your problems.
In some games maybe have rules that will enforce one set of guidelines and anouther division that does not. Just an idea

Edit: when I play a game like bfbc2 or FEAR I would think that parents should know that in fact the voice overs say things like "drop that MF" or when knifing some one my character says "how do you like me now b!toh"
I can't change that but I should be able to write the same things in chat. But on the other hand if I do know there are children playing. I would be respectful of them. While being on that server.
 
Last edited:
Kelp reread what i said. You can politely ask someone to watch the swearing as some kids are on. That is not a warning not an admining its just asking someone like you would on street. Hey mate my kids are around mind watching the language. 99% of people will say ya sorry and move on.

Your 99% must be different from my 99%... my 99% of people will say "f*** you, it's a free country and I can say whatever I want". :/

I think the 99% probably are different, as a function of division - an E-rated game versus an M-rated game. With Minecraft, I think there's more of a reasonable expectation to keep the language kid-friendly (as opposed to a game with built-in swearing), and folks there tend to respond more like matt's 99%. With the new rule, we may see more of Kelp's 99%, on the lines of "f*** you, the rules have changed and I can say whatever I want", but I haven't seen it yet. Then again, the boys are into other things right now and I only play in the mornings, so I can't speak for what happens at events, or when the server gets going in the evening.
 
I would say the same thing.

Yup, a good 50% argue about either the game being rated M, children shouldn't be playing, or about freedom of speech, the other 49% will ignore the warning or request and keep playing, and swear again later, and then you have the 0.9% that will explode and say something like "F you admin, ban me then C-word [Someone actually told me this on Aug 9, 2016 1:10:30 ], then you have the 0.1% that will apologize and say sure thing I can be more careful with my language.
 
Last edited:
holy shit lol this became complicated quickly.

you guys, as admins. have the final say in all things relating to our servers.

USE COMMON SENSE.

"**** man, I died" vs "wow ric you're a ****ing asshole" are two totally different things. remember moderation.

now i'm no admin, but common sense would tell me that the policy is implied with common sense and moderation. there is no defining value here. we are not robots. we are all unique. what you may consider "overboard", i might not and that's OK. why? because we're all different humans with one goal, which is defined below, in my personal opinion:

to completely obliterate all other communities, in the sense of success. to be better than everyone else. to have the best servers, the best admins, and the best community in the entire globe. why? because we ARE the very best.

we demonstrate that every day by our popularity, our successful events, recruiting future admins, and much much much more.

to compliment that, Leadership makes changes that are from pure heart, that may or may not upset members, that may deviate from our normal course. but guess what? they're Leadership for a reason and we must stand behind them 100% in all ways possible if we want to continue to be the best thing on the Internet. always remember, we have a Dropbox for a reason. Your thoughts, concerns, and more are always considered and is constantly evaluated by Leadership.

anyone who spends 5 minutes with me knows im 400% for this policy and I appreciate what Leadership is doing to better our community every day.
 
Last edited:
what you may consider "overboard", i might not and that's OK.

What I was trying to ask in my first post was how this will be handled. For example, you and I are on a server together and some language is used. It doesn't bother you, but I think it's "overboard". Do I get to warn the person? Or since you think it's within the rules, it's allowed to pass? Who gets their way?

To go further into this hypothetical scenario, let's say that you defer to me and allow me to warn the person. I then leave the server shortly afterward. If the person repeats an offense that would be outside my comfort zone, but in yours, do you kick them, as following w/k/b? Or since you're the only admin on now, and in your opinion the infraction didn't warrant a warning OR a kick, does it slide this time?

Another step further down; let's say that you do let it slide, but another person on the server pipes up, saying "the admin told you earlier not to say that same thing you just said." Do you then tell the person that you're going to let it slide because you're not as strict as the other admin?

With the hard-and-fast rules of "no swearing at all, period", it was easy to enforce the rules evenly across the board. I'm afraid that this change will lead to specific admins being avoided or spurned because they're more strict on what they consider "overboard".
 
holy shit lol this became complicated quickly.

you guys, as admins. have the final say in all things relating to our servers.

USE COMMON SENSE.

"**** man, I died" vs "wow ric you're a ****ing asshole" are two totally different things. remember moderation.

now i'm no admin, but common sense would tell me that the policy is implied with common sense and moderation. there is no defining value here. we are not robots. we are all unique. what you may consider "overboard", i might not and that's OK. why? because we're all different humans with one goal, which is defined below, in my personal opinion:

to completely obliterate all other communities, in the sense of success. to be better than everyone else. to have the best servers, the best admins, and the best community in the entire globe. why? because we ARE the very best.

we demonstrate that every day by our popularity, our successful events, recruiting future admins, and much much much more.

to compliment that, Leadership makes changes that are from pure heart, that may or may not upset members, that may deviate from our normal course. but guess what? they're Leadership for a reason and we must stand behind them 100% in all ways possible if we want to continue to be the best thing on the Internet. always remember, we have a Dropbox for a reason. Your thoughts, concerns, and more are always considered and is constantly evaluated by Leadership.

anyone who spends 5 minutes with me knows im 400% for this policy and I appreciate what Leadership is doing to better our community every day.

Lol reading along then BAMMMMMMM! Ric's post makes me spit up my Diet Coke.
 
I will say again it is not right that admins should be put in a position where one admin accept some swearing and my counterpart in the server with me may not , that is totally unfair.
I would prefer it if it was a slip of the tongue swear, which I have seen many time before and have admin'ed accordingly. But I should keep my mouth shut in case I upset some one.


LONDON BLITZ
 

Latest posts

Back
Top