Battlefield 1 Opinions: Your Thoughts

Battlefield 1 Opinions: Your Thoughts
September 5, 2016

Labor Day Weekend serves as an amazing opportunity for gamers to sit down in the air conditioning and escape the end of summer heat. Hopefully you took the chance to get your hands on the Battlefield 1 Beta. If you aren't a part of the cool crowd yet, there are plenty of members who have offered up their thoughts on the game in our <a href="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304866">Battlefield 1 Opinions thread</a>.

Battlefield 1 Beta takes us to Sinai Desert where soldiers can play both Conquest and Rush versions of the map. Sinai Desert packs a ton of new aspects to the game that Battlefield players haven't experienced yet. New transportation is available as you can take to horseback to cross the rugged desert terrain. When your team is looking for an edge to put you in front of the opposing team, hop on the armored train*equipped with a devastating arsenal of its own. Varying weather conditions also have the chance to roll in putting everyone in the middle of a raging sandstorm.

With many new aspects to the game, here is what the members say about their experience so far.

<blockquote>I am far from knocking this game as a whole in any way, shape, or form. We've only seen the game for one day and we've only seen one map, very limited weapons, and one style of vehicle set up. This beta will not sway me from the game, because I know there is still a lot more to come. So far, for the most part, I am liking what I'm seeing. If anything, this beta will excite me further into seeing all the rest of the maps, weapons, vehicles, etc.
<em>Misterboy, eGO</em></blockquote>

<blockquote>I enjoy it, but I'm not amazed by it. Graphics are nice, but I'm waiting for the full game to be dazzled by its wonders.
<em>Aniston, eGO</em></blockquote>

<blockquote>Finally got to play. Graphics are insane.... kinda has that star wars battlefront feel to it which I didn't like. Planes fly like the aircraft in battlefront which I'm also not a fan of. Infantry is fast and smooth. Looks like I'll be on the ground for this BF.
<em>Aetos17, eGO</em></blockquote>

<blockquote>BF1 is just not my cup of tea right at this moment. The graphics are stunning - and the game is fun and epic, and I find myself coming back for a little more.. but the overall experience is not enough to convince me to pay $60 - let alone $130 for it. If I see and hear more, maybe I will reconsider. But considering the beta was released 2 months from release, exactly as Battlefront - and relatively little was changed.
<em>BrotherJayce, eG</em></blockquote>

<blockquote>It is addictive gameplay but so help me that conquest scoring has got to go, and did I even get points for following my squad around and feeding them ammo while they fed me health bags? I swear I put half a mag into a few people and watched them turn around with a pistol and one shot me. It has it's good and bad.
<em>Beemermarine, Advisor</em></blockquote>
What are your thoughts? Continue the conversation over on our forums in the <a href="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304866">Battlefield 1 Opinions</a> thread.

http://www.edge-gamers.com/article/battlefield-1-beta-thoughts/
 
I have to agree with BrotherJayce, i can justify enough paying $60 for the game ...
 
Seems to be a great game, but i'm not a big fan of the new "Integrated" Interface. It's not really clean or optimized for someone with three monitors, so it's hard to see who's online and play with friends. Kinda annoying. It's a fun game for sure, but i'm looking forward to the end of the beta and get back into BF4 with the crew. I feel like I haven't played with you guys since the beta came out!
 
I'm really enjoying the beta the graphics are awesome! I do not like how long it takes to level up kits and the hit point system they are both jacked up hopefully they fix it.
 
It's hard to judge a game completely via a 1 map beta version.

The pros:
Graphics are wonderful. The fog & sandstorm effects are very cool.
Sniping is fun again. Far & away the best class for me.
The vehicles are not OP. All can be destroyed by infantry with a little strategy.
The overall gameplay is smooth & enjoyable, especially running & jumping.
The train is OP in a good way. It can level the score out in a hurry.
Squad teamwork is huge in this game. If your class mix is wrong or you do not have teamwork, it's going to be a long round.

The cons:
Horses - changes should be made to how horses react when shot plus they take too much damage.
Support class needs more powerful weapons.
Hit boxes need tweaks. 1 shot to the face with a shotgun = 15 dmg. 2 shots from a pistol = death. Plus, I hit someone for 86 damage x's 2 and they didn't die. Wow
More vehicles for the initial spawn at match start. If you miss the bus, you miss lots of points & have to run for days to get to the action.

Overall, I like it. I have it on order. I'm very interested to see more maps.

Azz
 
I'm not normally one for FPS games these days, especially newer ones, but Battlefield 1 was actually a lot of fun for me. It's very refreshing to do something in another era. The plane battles were fun, the ground battles were fairly good. I REALLY hope that EA cleans up the interfaces though, I found them to be a bit finicky, especially when trying to integrate with origin. Overall, I would consider picking this game up in time.
 
the game is different and in my opinion not worth the price . i will not be playing it . the beta was hacked i mean come the hell on man...enough with the hacking punks already ,it's not cool...
 

Latest posts

Back
Top