Loved Civilization or Total War? Check out this new game!

Ryo5678

Forum Support
=(eGO)=
Joined
Jun 21, 2016
Messages
1,034
Oriental Empires
Early Access (Released Sept. 20th)(Will contain lots of bugs for awhile
- http://store.steampowered.com/app/357310/
- 20% off right now (original price is 30$ USD)
- Similar features to Total War, Civilization, and Mount & Blade
- Unique story line involving many chinese empires/families with backstories and specialties
- Some-what strong learning curve (may take you a hour or so to fully learn what your doing and at least one game to develop a good strategy)
- Gametime approximately 30 hours if you are playing the single player campaign (I set mine to easy on 300 turns and I have spent 13 hours to get to turn 180)(Large map and lots of empires)

- Leaders (like civ V generals but much different)
The first leader is your emperor then the others are successors, generals, bureaucrats, etc.

- Happiness/Unrest system
Every City has a noble and peasant population and a unrest level determined by happiness, disruption, and supression.

- Authority and Culture
These are the two main mechanics the game revolves around. Authority controls your people and allows more settlements, negotiations, etc.
Culture controls happiness, culture victory, etc.

- Buildings
Buildings cost money and use your population to build. There is a building max for each city size (Town > City > etc.) These sizes are upgrades you build at certain populations.

- Farming
Building farms will let your cities grow and you need loads of them, (tech will upgrade efficiency)
Population is always split between construction and farming.

- Technology/Crafting/Virtues/Religion
Just think of this like Civilizations tech but made 4 separate trees that all effect each other and what you can do.

- Units
Units are in a wide variety and are mixed in classes of tribal, militia, trained, and noble.
Units can be stacked to form customizable formation armies (max size of 8).
Units are able to be seen walking/running as actual models on the map that you can zoom in and out of (Battles are glitchy atm) (reminds me of total war)

- Turns
Turns are all simultaneous and have a play, fastforward, and pause feature.

I don't want to fully spoil the game so check it out for yourself.
P.S. you can hack the gold count with cheat engine
 
I think i'll just wait until civ 6

I do not like the UI and colors for Civ 6. I have both CIV 5 and Beyond Earth. Civ 6 is more modeled after Beyond Earth in my opinion and I didn't really like it that much when playing.
 
I do not like the UI and colors for Civ 6. I have both CIV 5 and Beyond Earth. Civ 6 is more modeled after Beyond Earth in my opinion and I didn't really like it that much when playing.

I am waiting until Civ 6 goes on sale to try it out. I wish they continued in the timeline. In Civ 5, the goal was to build the ship and travel to space. Beyond Earth started where that left off, landing the ships. I love BE, I also bought Rising Tide. There are many people that complain Beyond Earth was lacking in many aspects, but so was Civ 5 until they released numerous expansions. I sort of wish CIv 6 started with the Emancipation Victory or something, bringing all this new technology back to earth, or even another victory, like when you had to build the long range communication device to contact the other beings. I guess going back in time to our world history was easier, they didn't have to come up with a bunch of new content.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top