I suddenly have 2 new roommates...

Mr. Lemming

EGO Addict
Joined
Jul 5, 2011
Messages
1,316
in the form of 2 four month old kittens my mom adopted from a Russian woman who almost personifies the "cat lady" stereotype (as in she's still got 5 at home).

I'll look into getting pictures of them later as I've got to run to Costco, and Angel (the brother) is kind of going nuts running around this strange new house while Bear (the other brother) is playing it pretty cool.
 
Last edited:
Whelp, Bear's still napping (I sent myself a picture of him on my bed that hasn't shown up in the inbox yet...) and Angel's gotten far more used to his new surroundings, they both even slept together with me in my bed last night.

Okay, THEY slept. I kept getting my feet attacked through the sheets and a large amount of loud purring.

And then Angel landed himself in a bit of hot water when he tried getting into the front window and couldn't find the gap in the privacy curtain...

wX_65y15ppjAoxWC-r4QJRfQsW7GnMdvJS1qxJGpthWByl-ocy1XN50VN6LDj1ycRyyUKCQsbA=w1280-h1024-rw-no
 
Last edited:
Adopting is always a good way to go! I also adopted 2 cats from a "Crazy Cat Lady". She had over 37 cats living at her house until neighbors reported her and animal control came and took all but 6 from her. We were lucky enough to rescue Two Five month old American Shorthairs (brothers) from the animal control haul. Luckily neither had any flees or any other type of infections. Enjoy your new family members! I'm sure they will be a handful :laugh:
 
That's awesome. I am a dog person, myself just because unlike cats. Dogs miss you just as much when you are gone for 5 minutes or 5 days I like cats but they tend to be assholes at times. That's why cats are more evolved with dogs. Cats possess the ability of free will and like to do what they want. I just wished they could stay kittens all their lives. Watching kittens play is fun
 
That's awesome. I am a dog person, myself just because unlike cats. Dogs miss you just as much when you are gone for 5 minutes or 5 days I like cats but they tend to be assholes at times. That's why cats are more evolved with dogs. Cats possess the ability of free will and like to do what they want. I just wished they could stay kittens all their lives. Watching kittens play is fun

Yup, I hate cats but they do have two things going for them

1. You can leave food and water in the house for them and be gone a few days and they will be just fine as long as they use the litter box

2. Even as kittens, they know how to use the bathroom in the litter box, at least most cats we have had, knew how, or at least got close.

Puppies are monsters.
 
Yeah, they've both shown their, um, shall we say "skills" already. Bear immediately took a liking to the litter box Friday when he found it and both have actually used it consistently since then. However, Bear seems to enjoy getting into places he shouldn't. Once I'm done eating I'll grab my cell and grab a pic of them laying in the cat tree behind me. All they've been doing for most of the day thus far is nap on/in it and watch me from behind as I sit here eating lunch.

6Fxohe9hDOeoPjtamYeFm2pchxYGhDskz-UEZbZZMK7hJe_XtxYod5AdN4KEJGo1TQobetKVKQ=w1280-h1024-rw-no


Bear decided he wanted to cuddle with his brother and jumped down before I could get just Angel in the pic.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top