A bit of recognition

Jehuty

Poster
Joined
Mar 15, 2008
Messages
158
Just wanted to throw out a few names of people I have had the privilege of playing with and the talent they have at their position:
Scout: Well, I haven't really played with anyone who is fond of the scout.
Soldier: Soldier either :(
Pyro: A few to name, Glitch and Anne are very good. Dbz is also talented here.
Demo: Nutz of course. Sticky Jackson excels. Sandman gets me quite often.
Heavy: Mental Buga and Belga destroy.
Engineer: Too many to name. I am the worst engineer ever.
Medics: Let's see, Captain Mental seems to always save me. Digitalfeeling is excellent. Anne and Glitch both have saved me. Wintermute is great too. Soulnothing and JohnnyontheSpot bail me out all the time. Bat Bear would have to be my favorite though, he's damn good.
Snipers: ThatGuy and Hoostrax. I think we can all vouche for this. lol karma and hotniks are very good as well.
Spy: A lot will say ack, and I am no exception. Tanooki and Bill Belichick are superb.

I think games become a lot more fun when you can play alongside talent, and all of the above jump out at me. Thanks for making the game even more fun for me guys.

I ask that those who read and reply, don't be shy to shout out to your favorite players.
 
Jehuty, you're evil :P! I've felt your knife in my back many a time - same goes for DigitalFeeling. I agree with all of your mentions, and I'll add Kaptain Kangaroo to the list - he really tears it up out there whens he's a Heavy. I have a few screenshots of Kap'n from a game where he was perched on top of three or four dispensers, mowing down anyone that came close.

I'll also mention Edrick - he seems to be on less frequently these days, but he's very good at many classes nonetheless - sniper, medic, demoman, just to name some. There was also a pub by the name of Emerson, who used to frequent 2Fort, and he was also a sort of jack-all-trades.
 
There is such phenomenal talent out there. Hard to know where to start.

Nutz and Ŧwisted Ήeat on demo. I breath a sigh of relief when I see nutz is on my team. 50% chance one of us is going down when he rounds the corner, and 100% probability I'm going to be rebuilding.

Jehuty, Ack, Yelü, Digitalfeeling on the spy front. You, my friend, are why I now stand on top of my sentry gun!

Phaine, Anne on pyro.

Vic Mackey consistently puts a bullet in my head. Same goes for shaggy420x, Dopey

Iadien does not miss as a solder.

Captain Mental, Bat Bear, Anne as medics.
 
Well, i should be heading to the airport right now.... But I am going to take five minutes and type a little something :)

My favorite demos are Iadien and David!!, and of *course* Nutz! But let's not forget Kolak, he's amazing, though i haven't seen him in TF2 that much anymore.

Pyros, well... Glitch takes the cake :)

Vic Mackey and ThatGuy are always putting holes in my head, most of the time from ridiculous spots that i cannot believe they can see me from!

My favorite medics... well... I really don't know :P I am usually the medic, other wise.... Invalid.Lit.Depot?

My favorite soldier is rod-of-god! :)

The most fearsome spy i've ever encountered is Jehuty. He makes it looks *so* easy. He'll be laughing and talking in vent while pulling off amazing feats of spy sneakiness.

My favorite engineer is probably David!!, I just like listening to him gripe when his sentry is sapped. Also, his sentries stay alive longer than any other engy i've seen.

If I can add my own category, I'd like to add my favorite team mates! Jehuty, Glitch, /dev/null, BuB, Nutz, Invalid.Lit, TheJudge, Mr.Froggy, Captain Mental, Wintermute, David!!, DigitalFeeling, Bat Bear, and YeaaaaaToast. All of your guys rock!!

Take Care, see you guys later.

:)
 
My shout outs:

Scout - Thundersixx66 - this dude was amazing as a scout.

Medic - Bat bear, gunslinger, my girl Mishy, karma, digital, cptn mental, and sorg - all are crazy good

Snipers - Thatdude and fuse are amazing. You guys drive me insane. I alone have given thatdude 55 kills ..omg stop ...lol.

Heavies - Belga and Buga are the Killer B's for a reason

Spies - Jehuty and ack drive me crazy

Demo's - Nutz, smm, and Iaden

Utility players no matter what class they rock - Lact, shiversarge, /dev/null, vic mackey, shaggy420x, gman, and suicide pyro.

I'm know I have forgotten some as there are amazing players every night in the Warpath server. It has been a baptism by fire but great players make me better so I'll take the beat down. It's all good.
 
Thanks for the nod, jehuty - you're not bad yourself (perhaps better - *gasp!*). Most people probably won't recognize my spyitude, since i usually stick to convoy, but if you frequent there, you just might know the wrath of Bill.

I must agree with your demos - Sandman and Nutz are pretty darn good (sry i haven't played with/against Sticky Johnson) and ThatGuy has a many headshots on me! And my man dbz on the flamethrower - he's got a twitchy finger on that thing.

One more thing - gotta call out my fellow inside man (spy, that is) Primeghost!
 
Yes thanks for the nod also Jehuty, it's nice to know that I've helped you enough to be remembered. :D So in that spirit I would like to recognize some people as well.

I have to throw two big shout-outs to the two people who taught me how to play the demo and medic classes well: Nutz and Captain Mental. I've started to revert back to playing medic before but after being Nutz's medic for so long you figure out how to be a pretty good demo and well Captain Mental is just so fearless as a medic. They are two of the bigger reasons why I joined eGO.

Medic: Captain Mental, Bat Bear, Arbitrary, Shaggy420x and Anne. Mishy has recently been making a name for themself as medic.

Demos: My boy Nutz, DigitalFeeling, Iadien and smm all tear me up on a regular basis

Spy: Ack, Jehuty, Vic, Bill B eventhough I dont play with him as much :(

Snipers: ThatGuy, Fuse, Hoostrax. They regularly take me down as any class.

Heavy: Jehuty has become my new favorite heavy to protect, Buga and Belga are also excellent. But Buga is usually protected by her man :)

Scout and Soldier are difficult classes but Iadien tears me up again as Soldier.

Engineer: /dev is excellent, If anyone's looked at the stats I would say that Purple.Huskies is also a little good ;) There's a lot of good engies that have helped me out but I forget their names.

Pyro: Anne is what comes to mind first, Capt. Mental has gotten pretty good, Glitch is excellent and there's a handful of others as well.

Overall players that I think are excellent teammates to play with: Cindafnrella, the Mentals, Nutz, Ack, Jehuty, Fuse, ThatGuy, Kolak, Anne, HoosTrack, DigitalFeeling, Bat Bear, Belga, Vic, Shaggy420x, YeaaaahToast, AzzNik, Suicide Pyro, BuB. There's really so many players that I enjoy playing with eventhough I loathe having to go against them :)

I <3 you all, you rock my socks on a nightly basis. !heart

EDIT: I forgot to mention Goretex and they should be in the paragraph above as great teammates but they deserve their own shout-out
 
[quote1209055063=Jehuty]
Just wanted to throw out a few names of people I have had the privilege of playing with and the talent they have at their position:
Scout: Well, I haven't really played with anyone who is fond of the scout.
Soldier: Soldier either :(
Pyro: A few to name, Glitch and Anne are very good. Dbz is also talented here.
Demo: Nutz of course. Sticky Jackson excels. Sandman gets me quite often.
Heavy: Mental Buga and Belga destroy.
Engineer: Too many to name. I am the worst engineer ever.
Medics: Let's see, Captain Mental seems to always save me. Digitalfeeling is excellent. Anne and Glitch both have saved me. Wintermute is great too. Soulnothing and JohnnyontheSpot bail me out all the time. Bat Bear would have to be my favorite though, he's damn good.
Snipers: ThatGuy and Hoostrax. I think we can all vouche for this. lol karma and hotniks are very good as well.
Spy: A lot will say ack, and I am no exception. Tanooki and Bill Belichick are superb.

I think games become a lot more fun when you can play alongside talent, and all of the above jump out at me. Thanks for making the game even more fun for me guys.

I ask that those who read and reply, don't be shy to shout out to your favorite players.

[/quote1209055063]

Actually, I want to chime in on the Soldier: I love the class. Also, you and I have played on a couple of occasions, although were usually on opposite teams and you usually pwn me. That said, remember when last night on Vent you said something about being off your game. Well, I just checked HLXStats and guess what I saw under my kill statistics:

Rank Victim Kills Deaths Kpd
1. =(eG)=™ Jehuty 14 12 1.17

:D

Anyway, I do have to say that I would have to agree with all of your choices of players. I've played with most of them at one time or another, and they are all stand out players. I guess that's why they're part of eGO. :D

My list? Well, I was going to come up with one, but I tend to hop around the servers a lot and frequently vary my playing times that I've met so many good players out there that I have a hard time recognizing any single individuals. This is what I love about eGO. There is rarely a lack of talented players to play with. :)
 
Not trying to be self-centered or anything but...

Favorite Scout-Me
Favorite Soldier-Me
Favorite Pyro-Me
Favorite Demoman-Me
Favorite Heavy-Me
Favorite Engineer-Me
Favorite Medic-Me
Favorite Sniper-Me
Favorite Spy-Me

Ahem...

If you want a non-self-centered view of things, then here.

Scout-Blackhawk
Soldier-Nemo is pretty good
Pyro-Ya'll remember Endiment? He was one of the best pyros Ive seen, too bad he left
Demo-Iaden
Heavy-I never really see much of these.
Engineer-Purple Huskies
Medic-This one I gotta go with Me, I don't usually see people who like medics.
Sniper-I have a name, but it slipped my mind...
Spy-SEE SNIPER
 
Pyro: I usually having trouble finding pyros to uber. However I am delicious cake & anne comes to mind really fun to play with
Demo: Nutz, smm, Iaden =XA=Cinderlla(?not sure if thats right)
Heavy: Mental Buga Jehuty Bunny (had some good runs with him)
Engineer: Cant think of one off the top of my head going off stats purple huskies however i havent played with him to much

Medics: I like to think im a mediocre medic. Anne, Bat Bear seems really good however ive seen him wack things with his bonesaw quite alot (his crit bonesaw sent me flying a couple of times). Captain Mental (havent played with him much but seems like a great med and is fun to play with) , DigitalFeeling (havent seen him much as med but when i have really good)

Snipers: ThatGuy and Fuse, and TheJudge

Spy: Ack a royal pain, as soon as i get an uber i get a backstab from. Not all the time, but its happened enough i remember it. Haven t got jehutys knife in my back too often. However when hes on my team seems like a great spy. DigitalFeeling also seems really good. Im sure there are mor however i cant think of any.
 
Firstly, thanks to all the props I've gotten on pyro.

Secondly, my list.

Scout: Jehuty (even though I've AXED him, he still gets my prop for scout).
Soldier: TheBigHerm always brings me to tears when he goes soldier. He's like... a bunny who was born with a rocket launcher. It's unfair, really. :-(
Pyro: Anne and I TEAR IT UP when we're both pyro. Unstoppable teammates :-) Also, props to Bubbles and PainNa. They're both excellent pyros.
Demoman: dbz used to frustrate me on convoy all the time. Also, there was this one demoman who owned me on gravelpit a few days ago, but I can't remember his name. I'm pretty sure he was an e, though.
Heavy: The only reason I'll go medic is if Jehuty goes heavy. He's the only heavy I know who can dominate half the opposing team with his fists.
Engineer: Monkeybits, although he is always a great team player, is even moreso when he's an engineer. Not only does he help the other engis, but he also gets them to help each other. A good spy can thwart a single good engineer, but not even an excellent spy can thwart three engineers working together.
Medic: Anne is quite frequently my healbot. She keeps both of us alive, even in situations when I think I'm dead already. You rock, Anne!
Sniper: HaloRacer. I remember him before he joined eGO and he always rocked me in Convoy.
Spy: Again, Jehuty is the best spy I've ever seen. Anne sums it up pretty nicely in her post, and I don't think I can add anything else to it.
 
Since I officially joined EGO and since I play a lot on the convoy server, my props will go to Bill Belichick. If he joins or is on, I watch my back twice as much...
 
Nice thread! :)

I gotta say Digital Feeling, Jehuty, Iaden - you 3 are the banes of my existence. Every time I kill you I notice and smile...same for when you kill me :)

OH, and Azznik as a pyro, Nutz as a Demo and That Guy as a sniper
 
Lets see Favorite list
Sniper: Well Me of course
Soldier: Me again
Medic: I'd probably have to say Anne
Pyro: Drew the Pirate
Engineer: Monkeybits
Scout: Iceman
Spy: Primeghost/Digital Feeling
Heavy:Mental Buga
Demo: dbz
 
Medic: Kaiwi
Spy: Lafinass
Soldier: Hulihudu
Sniper: retsam

Can't say I've seen anyone else really worth mentioning.
 
There are so many awesome players out there, it's kinda hard to call out just a few, but here goes.

Demo: 2di4u, you are such a good demo. I like the way you always jump around and get right into the action. It's always a pleasure healing you and watching things blow up in your path. What can I say, exploding things make me happy.

Pyro: Crashman. What a good pyro. I really enjoy watching you roast things, except when it is me of course. I’m sure the other team is always frightened to see you coming at them with your wall of uncaring fire. Watching sneaky little spies burning in your flames is such a refreshing site, knowing they won’t be stabbing us anymore.

Soldier: zanefactory. What can I say about zane? What a soldier you are. The way you can jump and spin and still rain down accurate rockets at people is amazing. I know you think you have uber anxiety issues, but I think that has more to do with your silly little medic not ubering you at the proper times.

Spy: cccp. I don’t care for spies much, but you are an exception. As long as you are on my team that is. You get into places I could only dream of. It’s so weird, it’s like they never see you coming.

Medic: blizbiggy. You can heal with the best of them. When I accidentally try to be something other than a medic, you are there to heal me. You have definitely found your calling. You always show up at just the right time and you always know just the right time to uber.

Heavy: Lafinass. Ever since you owned the intel room on sunsettown that one time, over and over and over, you are my heavy hero. I know you are big and slow, but you sure know how to work it. I strive to be such an awesome heavy.

Sniper: dryft. Much love for dryft and his rifle. The way you can hide in the shadows and do so much damage is amazing. Watching you take down a soldier jumping off of the 2nd floor in 2Fort is a special thing. Although, maybe you should not target the medics as much, we are just trying to help people.

Engi: BigHerm. I almost have no words. To see you crouching behind your sentry, working on it even in the heat of battle, is a site to behold. You will even leave the comfort of you sentry and dispenser to take up arms if you have to, and that is something truly to be cherished.

Besides being good at your chosen carreers, you guys are just super fun to play with.

Sharp is fun to play against and tempting people with cookies is always a good thing. :)
 
Ok i was waiting until i had enough time to write my picks down, now's the time.

Scout: Kolak and booster37 are my picks for scout. Sadly, i havent seen many scouts in warpath and most of them are in early game. Although Kolak seems to be able to pull off more than decent performance as scout in middle game in and anti-scout map like warpath. Booster i've seen a few times in dustbowl and is also very talented.

Soldier: Digitalfeeling, when he plays soldier ( which is not often now) is very very solid. Voltaire is just so adept at Soldier, it is like that class was made for him. Ack is a fearsome one too, he uses rocket jumps to shoot you from above and rarely miss.

Pyro: David!! as i said before, is a killing machine. When he's ubered, he's like the energizer bunny. Kaptain Kangaroo could be called kaptain comeback since i often see him go in enemy territory against 5 or 6 people and come back alive. He is the only pyro i know to have taken down a level three sentry at full health with an axe and live. johnny on the spot is a natural Pyro, is not a suicider and knows the best way to get the maximum out of the pyro class.

Demo: Nutz. Anybody who knows him has to fear him. Extremely skilled with the demo class, he'll get you wherever you are. Kolak great demo. As capped the last point often in warpath with demo jumps. Digitalfeeling is also a tough demo, i like to stay close to those three whenever i need sentires destroyed, all three are masters at sentry destruction. Ghola is also a guy i consider as very skilled too.

Heavy: Mental Buga my wife. Sometimes she seems like she's made out of steel. if teamed with Bat-bear, she is someone you want to avoid taking fire from. Jehuty is Jehuty, what can isay more. A prime example was in the last wtb where he finished first in score in the losing team playing mostly heavy. Belga is one tough dude. Drunkensailor, i've seen twice play, and both times was disastrous for the opposing team. Mean heavy always surrounded by loads of medics makes him a force to be reckoned with.

Engineer: Purple Huskies comes #1. Dedicated engie and maybe the best out there even the stats cant keep up with him. Kolak is a tremendous engineer, his sentries always seems to be the last ones to go down. Monkeybits his also a very good engie, although we are mostly on opposing teams i dont get to see much of what he's doing, except the rockets of his sentries coming at me.

Medic: Voltaire and Bat-Bear are top medics. Bat is the King of the bonesaw while Voltaire always finds a way to stay alive no matter what. DJpal is a very reliable medic, so is Fatal Suprize. Arbitrary won the last wtb and i witnessed his talent first hand with the numerous ubers he came up with that evening. A very very talented Medic.

Snipers: The big three in order: That Guy, Hoostrax and Fuse. Better on your side, otherwise you lose. Headshot city if you know what i mean. Vic mackey's a pretty Dangerous sniper and so is [DAD] Maniac. All of these snipers could probably hit each other's shooting bullets.

Spy : Jehuty and Ack ex-equals. Deadly backstabbers, they just dont stop, they backstab and backstab until you're so paranoid you dont even want to come out the spawn point. Kolak and Digital are sneakier spies and will use stealth for long periods of time. They prefer spy capping then back stabbing.

That is all for now, i was gonna post some more but i'm running out of time now :)
 
Hmm... Lets see here!

SCOUT: Don't know too many of them, but Kolak is pretty good with scout. Hard to hit him, as he is always movin around and has pretty good control with the scatter gun.

SOLDIER: Voided and Troth are both very good soliders and give me a run for my money when I play as a soldier against them.

PYRO: Couple of good ones here. Glitch is good, Anne won't stop lighting me on fire, and Bubbles always sneaks up on me. I need to get me a flame-retardant suit!

DEMOMAN: Gotta go with Chrisbliss18. He is the best demoman I have played against. It's too bad that he is so busy right now and doesn't get to play. I miss getting to go up against him while filling up servers :(

HEAVY: DrunkenSailor has to be the best heavy I have play with. Nobody uses a medic more efficiently than he does and he has a way of turning teams around by going heavy and inspiring people to win. He will take any medic he can get his hands on.

Engineer: This is a tough one. To me, a good engineer is one who puts their buildings in creative and effective spots and uses teleporters wisely. Too difficult to name just one person :)

MEDIC: Gotta say the best medics that I have played with are probably BatBear and Noobkiller. I don't know how they do it, but they go for insane amounts of time without dying and they manage to keep everyone alive and move up with the team effectively.

SNIPER: Fuse and Hoostrax cause the most problems for me. Always try to tread a little more cautiously while those two are on the other team. Vic Mackey is also a decent sniper, and I usually pay for it when I miss a shot on him.

SPY: I gotta a couple of you weasels on my hit list >:) Kolak always gets me, Ladorn always gets me, and Jehuty always gets me. Another good spy I've seen is Prince Abu. He can manage to backstab a medic in a crowd of 8 and get away unscathed. I can't even do the first part where you backstab the medic :P

Well that is my small list of honorable mentions. I see a lot of you have me on yours, so just to let you know, I am going to try sometime next week to have my video ready. You get to look through my scope for once and see what it is like from the other side of the lens. I'll post a thread on it when it is ready. Just got a little more footage to shoot. :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top