Announcement Dustbowl --> Valve Maps+

Adam

Man, I'm pretty.
=(eGO)=
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
7,460

FR4phCA.png


After much deliberation, TF2 Leadership is proud to announce some exciting changes to our Dustbowl server.

Dustbowl will be renamed "Valve Maps+" or Valve Maps Plus.
The idea of this server is to give you (our members) more variety.

Many of you sent in suggestions over the last few months, and we were listening.

The following maps will be immediately available:

2fort (CTF)
Doublecross (CTF)
Sawmill (CTF)
Well (CTF)
Egypt (CP)
I know a lot of you are going to be excited about that one!
Coldfront (CP)
Hightower (PLR)
Badwater (PL)
Upward (PLR)
Goldrush (PL)
Angkor (PL)
Angkor is a custom map!
Dustbowl (CP)

The default map will be set to Hightower, but this is only for when the server is restarted.
This is because hightower is the most popular map choice from this list.

More custom maps can be added as we find ones that we think are going to make a positive impact on the server.

After each round, the next map will be voted on.
If the next map comes and is unsatisfactory, RTV will be enabled.
For RTV Commands, Click Here ---> Total Guide to TF2: Essential Commands

Every two weeks, the performance of the server will be evaluated.
The voting can be tweaked so the more popular maps show up in the list more frequently and vice verse.

I hope everyone is as excited as we are for these changes.

Myself and the Tech Team will be working on this transition of the course of this week.

EDIT: We are finished!


​
 
Last edited:
Squee! This is exactly the good news I needed today ^_^

eGOptians unite! :biggrin_old:
 
Looks like i need to start playing some tf2 more. Time to rtv for egypt everytime its available. Kappa
 
I'm coming out of retirement! YAY EGYPT!!!

You murdered my pastime but at least there are some decent maps in the lineup

Dustbowl still there, it just has new friends to tag in! :3
 
Last edited:
Could've killed ctf_hellspawn instead ;-;

Turbine fills itself at times. Dustbowl did not.

Would I rather have them both and then add this as an additional 3rd server? Hell yeah, but it's not the cards.
 
Dustbowl has officially been changed to Valve Maps+



Enjoy!
 
Last edited:
Egypt is back?!

Now I can actually put on a hat where unusual effects will appear for once.
 
Back
Top