Suggestion: Temp. EGO Achievement Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as the idea of starting a server just for the Medic stuff makes me cringe, I doubt I'll ever get the Ubersaw any other way before the course of a month. I'm a man who loves his Medic, and the idea of not having that fun new toy kills me inside. :[
 
here's my 44 cents then.

Some of the medic achievements, should only be obtained through farming with a friend or two, because otherwise it hears any team you might play on.

I agree that having a server for this is a mistake, and doing it in servers where people are actively playings is very annoying, but it's more annoyin to watch a medic with uber try to bonesaw people for his achevement, or for him to uber a scout in an attempt to get it. I support the farming of a select few achievements, but leave medicing to the medics plz
 
And thus, my point.

I do agree with Buga on this. I'd suggest limiting the amount of medics, but what if all the medics in the server are only into getting the achievements? It's far worse.

The problem with this update is that it made the people in the game more selfish about getting them. It took the Team out of Team Fortress and become Me.

EDIT-And Abu, the conclusion has already been reached. There will be no Achievement server. If you want to do it, do it somewhere else. :P
 
its team fortress not me fortress....

i heard that the first game i played.

i guess i'll add more sense then.

If you restrict the number of medics, since theres usually an admin of some kind in all of the servers, or at least on line, if the medics start being dumb, kick em and tell em to go elsewhere.
 
lmao i hope spy achivements wont come out next... can you picture two teams with only spys xD
 
People that "farm" these achievements are no better then aimbotters. But, its alright, they'll get bored with medic in a week and that new weapon wont ever be used again. Times like this show peoples true colors. People only cheat with aimbot/wallhack because they can't play as much and want to be good. Isn't that the same excuse being used for these new achievements? Most of the people in support of this, in this thread and others, struggle to hold a 1 kill death ratio. Might be time to focusing on getting better at the game or that new weapon wont mean much if you are always dead. :)
 
[quote1209641307=RaiN]
People that "farm" these achievements are no better then aimbotters. [/quote1209641307]

I would say that some people "farm" these achievements for a whole different reason. My gf, Mishy, plays medic a lot. She plays it to help the team. How in a true teamwork fashion are you ever going to get the achievement bonesawing 50 medics and shooting 50 scouts without neglecting your healing during a game? At least, we had the decency and respect for everyone else's gameplay to go into a private server and farm a select few of the hardest achievements. What was the alternative? To play Warpath with 10 medics on each team? Yeah, that was real fun. One team playing serious and the other one sitting in spawn healing. Woohoo!!!

You're entitled to your opinions but don't automatically assume that everyone that farms a few achievements is the same as aimbotters. Believe me, I hate and I mean hate hackers. If you are playing as a medic and neglecting your role to get personal achievements, that is the issue. If you dedicate time and effort to do it in a way that does not affect others, then that is respectful to me.
 
I don't think that an achievement server is necessary. It's frustrating as a regular medic to be screaming for other medics to come out and help you only to be left to die. Thank goodness that there's the real ones out there (thinking of you Bat Bear) to help save my burning body. I like to play medic, I like the medic achievements but I'm not going out of my way to acquire all the achievements. For that fact i didn't even finish the stock achievements until a week or so ago and I was able to do them on my own which is the only way they were ever going to be completed. The only reason I want achievements now is to acquire the new weapons, I'll probably never use the kritzkrieg though so right now I'm still trying to get the blutsaughter but I'm not altering the way I play specifically for that, it'll all come in due time and there's no reason to disrupt gameplay in regular servers or to create a special ego server just to get these done. I look at it this way, either you like the medic and you'll eventually earn the achievements and thus the weapons or you don't like the medic and you're just being a little punk trying to inflate your ego. When the other achievements come out I'm not really going to care for most of them. I never play heavy, so what's having the extra weapons/add-ons going to do for me, pretty much the same for spy and sniper and esp. scout. Will I be playing for pyro, engie and demo, yes I will but it'll be in the same situation, I'll play as I normally do and eventually I'll get them. everybody's so ancy to have the newest things RIGHT now but I'm going to be playing this game for quite some time to come so I don't really care if I get all the weapons now b/c everything good comes in due time. If you want a special farming server, create one of your own, but don't ask to take away resources from our clan in order for YOU to benefit, b/c it just ends up hurting the rest of us...esp those who play as medic regularly.

EDIT: Can you imagine the pyro's joy with a team full of spys once the spy achievements come out. I certainly can't wait for a bunch of farmers to show up and taunt them as I burn them all. :D
 
This is why I hate achievements, it completely ruins the game for anyone that is actually trying to play the game. I'm debating whether or not to quit playing the game because this is just ridiculous, and we still have 8 other classes left. And this will happen again for every other class when their new weapons become available.
 
I'm with Johnny on the spy thing... I'll forgo my usual medic/demo usefulness to be a full-time pyro. It will be GLORIOUS!

And BTW... I still play medic, even through the swarms of others. Before the update I already had 1.6million healing points, so I don't play medic just for the achievements. I'm not quite as good as Bat-Bear or Captain Mental, but I can still hold my own.
 
This was starting out a flame thread. I'm going to be locking it due to the private server for the achievements.

Please don't start anymore threads like this - LOCKED
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top