Anime What are you currently watching?

Gotcha. I'll probably get there eventually, got a few shows on the go right now (see above) so it's low on the priority list. I never watch seasonal, always wait for a few reviews :P

I honestly blew through it in 3 days, Since it's only 24 episodes.


But Like I said, I liked it. 002's story is sad, It has some great emotional moments, As well as likable characters. It's just the last 4 episodes that everything starts piling into eachother, But still a Good series.
 
I just finished 2 anime that I have the box sets for, and had misplaced for a while:
Zeta Gundam (the original TV series, not the movies or newly re-done movies)
Neon Genesis Evangelion

Both shows were really interesting and not at all sad or depressing at any point (I might be lying a bit on that 2nd part).

Also, while finding the misplaced anime collections, I found my box set of Tenchi Muyo! GXP. Now, I just have to remember where I left off and binge watch the rest.
 
There is more! There's a movie now, a spin-off series, and a 3rd season coming soon.

Interesting... I don't remember much about season 2 of SAO and barely remember stuff on season 1 so I might have to rewatch it but it was a really nice anime. Not my favorite tho. (besides maybe the music... it was too good.)

Also, I finished Noragami season 2 and it was so enjoyable! Season 3 is coming out later in 2018 and so is Season 2 of another anime I watched calling 'The Devil is a Part timer'

And AHHH yuki is so adorable
 
Last edited:
Interesting... I don't remember much about season 2 of SAO and barely remember stuff on season 1 so I might have to rewatch it but it was a really nice anime. Not my favorite tho. (besides maybe the music... it was too good.)

Also, I finished Noragami season 2 and it was so enjoyable! Season 3 is coming out later in 2018 and so is Season 2 of another anime I watched calling 'The Devil is a Part timer'

And AHHH yuki is so adorable

I don't think either of those shows are getting more content. Fairly sure those are just rumours (as much as I really really badly want more devil is a part timer too, the manga I'm on the hunt for.)
 
Yep, those are both rumors indeed. If you ever see "news" of anime that's coming out and they don't have a link to an official post or comment from the author/studio/original creator themselves, it's most likely false.
 
I watched Sword Art Online I and II it was the best anime I have ever watched and I just wis there was more too it.

If you liked it I would recommend Log Horizon, it's kind of in the same vein but it goes alot deeper and has a great story!
 
I just finished 2 anime that I have the box sets for, and had misplaced for a while:
Zeta Gundam (the original TV series, not the movies or newly re-done movies)
Neon Genesis Evangelion

Both shows were really interesting and not at all sad or depressing at any point (I might be lying a bit on that 2nd part).

Also, while finding the misplaced anime collections, I found my box set of Tenchi Muyo! GXP. Now, I just have to remember where I left off and binge watch the rest.

If you liked Neon Genesis Evangelion, Then I have 3 suggestions of animes you might enjoy.

1. gurren lagann

2. eureka 7

3. Darling in the Franxx

All three more or less follow the Plot structure of Evangelion. Especially Eureka/Franxx.
 
If you liked Neon Genesis Evangelion, Then I have 3 suggestions of animes you might enjoy.

1. gurren lagann

2. eureka 7

3. Darling in the Franxx

All three more or less follow the Plot structure of Evangelion. Especially Eureka/Franxx.

There was a show called Rahxephon that at one point had a site comparing the show shot for shot to Evangelion. Was pretty hilarious.
 
If you liked Neon Genesis Evangelion, Then I have 3 suggestions of animes you might enjoy.

1. gurren lagann

2. eureka 7

3. Darling in the Franxx

All three more or less follow the Plot structure of Evangelion. Especially Eureka/Franxx.

I watched Evangelion mostly from the standpoint of I have the full TV collection, I might as well watch it all. I'm not really a fan of the ending (either End of Evangelion, or the TV series ending, and I haven't seen the reboot ending), and the series just seems to go on a downward spiral. Understandably, as a mecha genre enthusiast, an anime that is basically a deconstruction of the mecha genre is not to fun to watch.

Have seen 3 of Darling in the Franxx, Gurren Lagann is on the to watch list (only seen 1st episode, but the awesome is apparent). Watched 2 episodes of Eureka 7, and it didn't really appeal to me.

Also, Simon Simon , if Rahxephon is the show with robots that combine (like Power Rangers), but....ummmm....the combining feels REALLY GOOD to the pilots...I saw 1 episode and ran in the other direction.


Finally, Zeta Gundam (without ruining too much) has an ending that predates shows like Iron Blooded Orphans. It was such a sad series that ZZ Gundam was made with a much lighter feeling (as well as to resolve various plot points before Chars Counterattack).
 
Last edited:
I've been waiting for a season 3 for a while! Do we know if it's in the Gun-gale Universe?

You should also check out the books; you'll see where the stories are going. Same thing is happening with Food Wars.
 
MV5BMmQ3NGQwMGMtYzcwMC00MjlmLWEyNGEtZGRmZjNjOWFlOTk2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_.jpg


I just finished watching this one. It's gotten a fair bit of attention for being "from the same creators of Your Name", which I think is a bit misleading cause a lot of people are expecting a similar film. It just has the great art of Your Name - not the direction.

ANYWAY

This film is sort of comparable to 5 Cm/s - It's divided into 3 parts, 3 stories. While they're all separate stories, they share common themes. Similarly to 5cm/s, I actually only really liked 1 part of the 3. I enjoyed and recommend the 3rd part, Shanghai Love.
 
I know I've brought this up in earlier posts but, anyone else active socially in the anime community? I never got into the MAL forums, but I tried Kitsu for a bit. I've now migrated over to Anilist - it's a nice tracker, good twitter style social feed and has a half decent forum. Anyone on it? Send me a follow https://anilist.co/user/iSimon/
 
I'm active within AnimeBytes, but that's an invite only community. I've used up my invites (I get a couple every year), but if you're interested I can request another and if I get it I can send it your way.
 
I'm active within AnimeBytes, but that's an invite only community. I've used up my invites (I get a couple every year), but if you're interested I can request another and if I get it I can send it your way.

I wouldn’t mind checking it out, next time you have one!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top