Warrenheil: That made me cry!!
Bebe, I rarely say anything specifically to one person. I usually try to add something useful. I'm not sure if this will be or not, but here goes. Back when I was a dedicated supporter, I had aspirations of dedicating the money that we pitch in to help our servers, to help maintain them, even add another, back when it may have been an option to do so. The way it was described to me is that all donations go into a huge pot, and they are doled out wherever the directors need to, that each person actually has zero input how they think their money should be spent. As disappointed as I was, after time it sort of made sense. I wish it were as simple as both of us wanted it to be, but that is just not the case. Needless to say, because none of my dollars were going to help the division that I love, I stopped the support. The best support I can give now is to fill the servers. I applaud your enthusiasm, but try not to be angry when others don't share it. Doesn't mean that you can't express it as often as you want to. Sorry this wasn't more uplifting,
Q
The reason it goes into a big pot is because the funds go to eGO as a whole and goes towards it's operating costs, not just one division, That's how a community should use its supporter money and be run. Remember we are a strength of many.
Unfortunately since DoDs is a dying game...yes it's dying. Even OG Counter Strike beats it in concurrent users, by a longshot. DoDs isn't even in the top 100 of most played games on Steam. As of right now there has to be less than 1700 players worldwide playing DoDs. Its just a matter of time that DoDs becomes extinct or barely holding on with life support.
Sorry to burst your bubble ladies and gentlemen.
If you don't have nothing nice to say to someone you shouldn't say it at all.Bebe, I rarely say anything specifically to one person. I usually try to add something useful. I'm not sure if this will be or not, but here goes. Back when I was a dedicated supporter, I had aspirations of dedicating the money that we pitch in to help our servers, to help maintain them, even add another, back when it may have been an option to do so. The way it was described to me is that all donations go into a huge pot, and they are doled out wherever the directors need to, that each person actually has zero input how they think their money should be spent. As disappointed as I was, after time it sort of made sense. I wish it were as simple as both of us wanted it to be, but that is just not the case. Needless to say, because none of my dollars were going to help the division that I love, I stopped the support. The best support I can give now is to fill the servers. I applaud your enthusiasm, but try not to be angry when others don't share it. Doesn't mean that you can't express it as often as you want to. Sorry this wasn't more uplifting,
Q
cheers 