[poll] Which of the new medic upgrades do you like best?

Ducttape

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
2,473
The new medic upgrades have been out a while now; does anyone have a clear favorite?

So far, I think the Kritzkrieg is the worst; no one knows what to do with it when you uber them with it...
 
The Ubersaw is best by all means. I mean, charging uber in 4 hits? Wow. And the reduced speed, to me, is hardly noticeable.

Kritzkrieg is the worst, imo. Plenty of times I've been killed while Kritted. I like old uber more as its kind of an assurance. I'm being chased by 2 pyros and a soldier, with no teammates around? No problem, pop my uber and I'm good to go.

I cant do that anymore with the kritz.

Blutsauger has saved my life too many times to count <3 it.
 
Honestly the blunt is so good it needs changed BAD. I see medics now going head on with pyros and winning (and living). That used to not happen, and I honestly dont think it should. But maybe thats just me.
 
[quote1210651317=¤|¢èmåñ¤]
Honestly the blunt is so good it needs changed BAD. I see medics now going head on with pyros and winning (and living). That used to not happen, and I honestly dont think it should. But maybe thats just me.
[/quote1210651317]

The blut is a great weapon, I think. It's nice that the medic has a weapon that can actually get reliable kills. The only times that I've seen it's downside is when people decide they want to shoot more than they want to heal. Negligence of the Medics primary reason for existence.
 
blutsauger is great. I like the kritzkrieg best, though. a teammate who knows what he's doing (see: shooting rockets at the ground and not past enemies) will totally rip a team to shreds.

maybe more situational than the ubercharge, but I think it's a heck of a lot more fun.
 
IMO...

old uber > kritzkrieg

bonesaw = ubersaw (about the same)

blutsauger > needlegun
 
So far the Blutsauger is my weapon of choice, since I still have to get the Ubersaw.

The Kritzkrieg is an effective defensive tool I think. But true nothing beats got ol' invulnerability.
 
I'm going to say Kritzkrieg, and it is pretty logical.

Although I do not have it equipped, it is the best Medic weapon you can have. In my opinion, Medics are to help their team. Like they are listed, they are support classes. Like the Sniper and Spy, you can do without them, but why?

Blutsauger and Ubersaw only give reasons for Medics to neglect their team. Some "medics" are more interested in going to an enemy, killing them, and post "B-B-B-B-BONESAW!!11!1" in chat, while the one killed, and their team, is wondering why they walked off like that. The Ubersaw was only created and best used to either try to spike your ubercharge early by hitting an almost dead enemy or late when you almost have uber in heavy traffic in my opinion. Only if it's really necessary should you really whip out your bonesaw. Taking it out for no reason to chase some guy to type all that in chat is just a way to make everyone think you're bad arse, and no one truly cares but you.

The Blutsauger is in my opinion, more useful than the ubersaw because if you get in danger, this is a more logical weapon to use to flee, especially against Pyros. You are only a tad slower running backwards than a Pyro running forwards. Although...

The Kritzkrieg is in fact, the ONLY team weapon the medic got. This can help in a pinch in plenty of maps, and we take it for granted because we are considering only ourselves when it is used. We say "Well, it can't be much helpful if we can be invulnerable, but it helps more than you think. The weapon is best to take out enemies than sentries, and the Soldier is probably the best class for the job.

If you are able to find three medics, with two with a medigun and one with a kritzkrieg. Grab a heavy or a soldier with you, have a medigun medic uber the kritz medic, who is ubering the soldier/heavy, but have the other medigun medic ubering the soldier/heavy as well. Sure this looks foolish, but get those three medics standing in front of the heavy, and you'll be surprised how much goes down.

This is a TEAM game, after all.

/rant
 
I hate the blutsauger. It defeats the purpose of having a pyro drop in and torch 3 medics that are healing eachother for ubers.
 
the ubersaw looks neat, but haven't got it yet. I refuse to go to a farming server so only at 28/39 achievements so far just by playing the game and helping my team. I'll get it with time i'm sure.
 
Blutsauger: a clear buff over the Syringe Gun. Constant healing is better then hoping for a lucky crit, which for some reason I never get with SG when I need it. I'd say Blutsauger is overpowered even. A Medic is able to outheal the damage done by Heavy in medium range.

Kritzkrieg: worst so far in pub matches. Medics will usually randomly fire it off with stupid effect. Best so far in organised matches and clan wars. For example: Dustbowl, last point. First Medic sends in ubered Demo to take out the sentry guns and is followed by crit ubered Heavy/Soldier to take out the attackers. Works awesome, too bad the only server where I can see this pulled off regulary is BAY clan server.

Ubersaw: a clear buff over the Bonesaw. The 20% less speed means so little for the ability to have charge ready in 4 hits. Again, only Medic with some skill will know when and how to use it properly aka NOT charging into the enemy base hitting everybody.
 
Ubersaw, FTW! There is nothing like killing spies to fill up an Ubercharge. Then there is the added comedy of after an Uber-pyro rush, killing an enemy at their base with the Ubersaw and then Ubering you way back to safety.
 
I love that kritzkrieg, I was playing on one of our goldrush servers and I ubered a heavy with it since the sentrys were down and he annihalated the entire enemy team with those critical shots. Way better than standard medigun when they have no engineers!
 
I haven't gotten the Kritz yet, but it would seem to me the best uber candidate changes. With a standard uber, you want someone to get close and blow stuff up (demo or soldier, maybe heavy). With the Krit, well, everything is crit. You want a constant stream of ammo. That means heavy or pyro become the first choice IMO. No time wasted reloading.
 
[quote1210698876=splautch]
I haven't gotten the Kritz yet, but it would seem to me the best uber candidate changes. With a standard uber, you want someone to get close and blow stuff up (demo or soldier, maybe heavy). With the Krit, well, everything is crit. You want a constant stream of ammo. That means heavy or pyro become the first choice IMO. No time wasted reloading.
[/quote1210698876]Here's the only problem. If you are going to crit uber a pyro or a heavy, you better not be doing it where there are sentries. It is a great uber, but sentries will require the old one (or a soldier shooting from afar to kill the engi)
 
UBERSAW>all weapons Why? its the only weapon with blood stains on it (and plays awesome music)

END THIS THREAD
 
Übersaw is defiantly the best, you can CHAIN ÜBERS!!! But you can use them all at the same time so, i think they all are good (but i do use normal medigun).
 
I'm getting the Blutsauger any second now. I know, I know, I've only got 11 achievements. But 6 more people on fire and there's the Blutsauger. So please, get yourself a nice burning wound and call me!
 
I use the blut religiously as a medic if i'm alone and have to back peddle quickly. I'm not gonna take down a heavy at close distance but 15-30 health almost instantly is amazing help for getting out of the bad spots.

Kritz isn't bad but it definitely requires some tactics in use. If it can be used injunction with another medic using the standing medigun then it gives an amazing boost. Even on its own given to a soldier or heavy it can clear a line in 2-3 seconds. I don't like the though of using it myself on my medic but as a soldier i love getting one, i can usually net 4-6 kills quite easily, even in a bad spot.

the ubersaw is good, ubercharge for hits is a great booster, but i haven't had experience with it and i'm not that hot at melee so eh, i'd probably be horrible with it any how. i heard it's taunt is fun too :D


edit: Blut is the best as a medi, as a friendly (soldier) i <3 the kritz more.
 
I like the Kritz in principle, but in-game people just walk out in the open and die x) maybe when people get a little more used to the idea of not being invinciple when you pop the Kritz it will be more effective.

So far I <3 the Blut bestest; it makes me feel like I'm not totally dependent on the fighting classes to defend myself.
 
Back
Top