Social Media Contest

jokecontestmain.jpg


Social Media Contest
9/2/2018 | Article By: Thorium, Typical | #contest #edgegamers #socialmedia

Our EdgeGamers Social Media Team is hosting our first contest! What is this contest about you ask? Well it’s about dad jokes! For those who don’t know, a dad joke is, well, a joke that usually told by somebody like your dad. Only problem, is that they’re usually not that funny… well anyways, a prime example of a dad joke would be: Why do crabs never give to charity? Because they’re shellfish

Yes, I know, it’s a terrible joke, but don’t worry, because you can make your own up! All you got to do is go on our Twitter and Facebook, retweet/like the original tweet, and submit your joke!
(Please note all eGO rules apply: https://www.edge-gamers.com/rules/)

If you’re curious as how to join, just follow from one of these two images:

Facebook
jokecontestfb.png


Twitter
jokecontesttwt.png


Please make sure you use the hashtag [URL=https://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=eGOBestDadJoke]#eGOBestDadJoke [/URL] so that your joke can be seen by the judges. (And to be qualified) Do your best to make sure jokes aren't submitted multiple times. To find all the jokes that have already been submitted, search #eGOBestDadJoke in the Facebook/Twitter search bar.

Official Dates Of The Contest

September 2nd: Start of the dad joke contest. Submit your jokes now!

September 6th: Last day to submit jokes. Get crackin!

September 7th: First round of voting starts.

September 10th: Last day of voting.

September 11th: Second round of voting starts

September 14th: End of contest, winner announced on social media.

What’s the prize?
Pie to the Face
The winner will choose one of the willing leadership participants below. The lucky leadership member will record themselves getting hit with a pie for the entire community to see.

Current Leadership Choices:
TF2 Community Manager | Emmy
MC Community Manager | FirezFury
TF2 Senior Manager | Minty
Media Senior Manager | Arbiter
GTA Manager | Summer
TF2 Manager | Hotdogs
Media Manager | SigmaMX
Are you a part of eGO Leadership and want to take a pie to the face? Message Typical on discord for more information.
 
Last edited:
I?m doing this, I wanna see Hotdogs Hotdogs get hit with a pie.

I can then make it into a memory
 
Nice!! Pie in the face is a great idea!

Is it limited to only 1 entry per person? Or can we throw as many (original) Dad jokes as we can think of?
 
If I win I'm going for sigma no doubt about it.
 
Nice!! Pie in the face is a great idea!

Is it limited to only 1 entry per person? Or can we throw as many (original) Dad jokes as we can think of?
You can add as many as you want but only the first one will go on the poll.


Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
Anyone know where the winners were announced? Didn't see it on twitter nor facebook.
 
Apologies for the late reply! The person who was picking the winner and handling the competition kinda stepped down, so I came in and helped.

Anyways, congrats to Tiny Tiny for winning the contest, with this joke!
oEscLS4.png


...yeah it's pretty bad. On the flip side, congrats! You get to choose one of these lovely leadership to get pied in the face:
TF2 Community Manager | Emmy
MC Community Manager | FirezFury
TF2 Senior Manager | Minty
Media Senior Manager | Arbiter
GTA Manager | Summer
TF2 Manager | Hotdogs
Media Manager | SigmaMX


Please PM me your answer :)
 
Tiny Tiny

Well it seems like Tiny has made a decision already! The lovely person receiving a pie to their face is none other than Hotdogs Hotdogs the TF2 AT Manager himself! I'll be expecting a video soon ;)

And yes, I'd really like it if you can do this within the next week.

yHSNw7P.png
 
Tiny Tiny

Well it seems like Tiny has made a decision already! The lovely person receiving a pie to their face is none other than Hotdogs Hotdogs the TF2 AT Manager himself! I'll be expecting a video soon ;)

And yes, I'd really like it if you can do this within the next week.

yHSNw7P.png

YESSSS, i can see Hotdogs get hit with a Pie
 

Latest posts

Back
Top