Counter-Strike Global Offensive Jail Server [NEW MAP] Temple Studios needs Beta testers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matz

Poster Extraordinaire
=(e)=
Joined
Aug 28, 2008
Messages
2,365
There's a new map coming out. It's set in a movie studio that comes to life. Please comment here if you can help test it.

Here's the trailer, from the director.

 
Last edited:
I'm gunna be honest a lot of the visuals and geometry are sub-par for a beta.
 
I'm gunna be honest a lot of the visuals and geometry are sub-par for a beta.

??? have you been on the map? I've shown around 10+people with the most positive feedback being on the visuals... Maybe you can join the beta and tell me what you'd think could be better.
 
Last edited:
I'm gunna be honest a lot of the visuals and geometry are sub-par for a beta.

I am not gonna say I agree, but neither am I going to say they're super-duper impressive. However, that being said, he's improved massively from his work on Prison M.





Many of the maps on Jail currently don't have a lot of visuals and geometry that "WOW" me personally, but this map has some uniqueness that many of the other maps lack.





Based on what I saw off of the Steam Workshop version, you could also make this a CSGO TTT and GMOD TTT Map with a bit of tweaking and I'm sure TTT players would enjoy its uniqueness.
 
The trailer looks interesting, looks like it could be a good map.
 
Temple studios is a one-of-a-kind map, the theme, the idea of a story line based around the whole map, the unique styled games, and the visuals (that are better than over 90% of other maps).

For all those reasons I think this map will become very popular and loved, personally I can’t wait!
 
??? have you been on the map? I've shown around 10+people with the most positive feedback being on the visuals... Maybe you can join the beta and tell me what you'd think could be better.

I see the visuals. I gave you critique, take it or leave it. Don't whine because you can't handle it.
 
I see the visuals. I gave you critique, take it or leave it. Don't whine because you can't handle it.

I'll know who to come to when I actually ask for critique on my trailer then.
 
why do you only want positive feedback, you have to get critic and negative feedback or else you cant improve the map
 
If you only accept positive feedback I will simply lock the thread.


Lock all the threads you want if you really think that's appropriate. I didn't ask for feedback, and don't even know you, so your comment seemed unnecessary and rude considering you haven't even been on the map or play much jail.

I wanted to find people to beta test, and invited them to comment if they're available. That's all. You're welcome to come along and give all your feedback when you've seen it.

Every person I've shown around has had things they've wanted to see added or changed and I've done it. Your comment wasn't the right way to go about it.
 
Last edited:
I'm gunna be honest a lot of the visuals and geometry are sub-par for a beta.

I see the visuals. I gave you critique, take it or leave it. Don't whine because you can't handle it.

If you only accept positive feedback I will simply lock the thread.

why do you only want positive feedback, you have to get critic and negative feedback or else you cant improve the map

He never said he only wanted positive feedback. However, there is a difference between positive feedback, negative feedback, and constructive criticism.

If you just say 'Hey the map looks pretty bland' you aren't helping him improve. If you say something such as 'Hey in this room it feels like a box, what if you added some pillars, supports, catwalks, maybe a skylight or some windows as well as some misc. detail like pipes and vents to help give it shape' then you are helping by stating what you think is wrong and a way to improve it.

You don't need to be rude about your criticism but if you can't help explain what should be improved then I would hold it until you can.

Lastly, like he's stated, he's looking for people to hop on and test the map and then give feedback. The trailer is just like the alpha of it to help show what the map is as a baseline, but will easily change a lot.
 
Didn't ask for your input, so don't insert yourself there. He made a thread about a map test and I said it looked bland - guess what, it does. There is no moral requirement for me to tell him what's wrong amd how to fix it.

baseline:
If he can't handle a negative opinion, he can't handle a negative opinion. What do you think I do when people tell me x is broken? Do I say "provide a solution"? No, I look at it and figure out what needs improvement.

Thanksssss for trying to seem like the better person.
 
Didn't ask for your input, so don't insert yourself there. He made a thread about a map test and I said it looked bland - guess what, it does. There is no moral requirement for me to tell him what's wrong amd how to fix it.

baseline:
If he can't handle a negative opinion, he can't handle a negative opinion. What do you think I do when people tell me x is broken? Do I say "provide a solution"? No, I look at it and figure out what needs improvement.

Thanksssss for trying to seem like the better person.

Anytime, always trying to be a positive role model for the community. I am sure you are too.
 
This is my point tho really Drew. I don't want your negativity when I'm trying to have fun and invite people to a beta in a fun way. You're entitled to your opinion, but with respect, take it elsewhere.

Again, welcome to join the beta and tell me how bad you think it looks then.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top