[poll] Which class is the most overpowered

imported_Bjorn

I made one post
Joined
Mar 29, 2008
Messages
15
I know that we might've already covered this topic but since the new wepons are coming out for the classes (medic as we know, is already out now for a mouth and soon enough pyro) so as of know even w/ the medics new wepon upgrades. The question is, which class is the most overpowered.

and totally off-topic i'm still having a great time in D.C in case any of you were still concered w/ me (if you were i love you) so i'll be back on TF2 in now 6 days (horay?)

So until then, discuss which one is the most overpowered and as of now, Bjorn...signing off. ;)
 
I have to go with engineer on this. They are the only class i know they could easily dominated in a 3v1 battle. Demoman would be my next choose. But engineer i think is by far the most overpowered.
 
I don't really think any class is overpowered. I think we all get that feeling that something is overpowered when the game rolls the dice and we lose.

I do wish crit streaks would end. Discounting kritzkrieg or odd class modifiers, some of the crit streaks I see are just plain nonsense. Crits obviously lend the game some much needed excitement, but 3 crit rockets or 20 crit heavy gun hits in a row are just ridiculous.
 
haha. following what QB said, I had that happen today. Heavy's mini gun just kept shooting crits. atleast it seemed that way for about 2 mins haha.
that wasnt fun....we lost like 9/15 guys on team from 1 heavy haha
 
I voted for soldier, but I think valve did a pretty good job of balancing them out. Every class is needed at a certain time. I have had countless times where I'll get killed or see something and wish I was a different class.....then I be stupid and switch to that class next death and keep doing that on and on.

On the subject of crits I swung my bottle 5 times after spawning for brief entertainment before going into battle on convoy when it made the electric crit attack sound each time. Wish I could've used that luck to kill people :(
 
BTW, crit runs are caused by killstreaks. If you kill two people in a row, you get a 25% chance to crit for a few seconds, rather than the stock 5% on soldier. If you get 3 kills, you get a 50% chance crit. This lasts for a few seconds and then it goes back to normal. The more you start killing, the more you start to crit. I believe it caps out at a 50% chance to crit, although in the last soldier nurf, it might have gotten reduced to 40% or 45% on a triple kill run. That is why engineers, after knocking off a couple of sappers, seem to crit spies every time, or how medics always get crit bonesaws. After healing for so much on a medic, you have a greatly increased chance of getting a critical strike. It may seem like a coincidence, but that is just because it is. Just some fun facts about those pesky crits :P
 
Yeah I should have been more exact when I said "class modifiers." I was talking about crits from folks straight out of spawn as the ones being ridiculous. The kill streak crits are awesome :p

Without the kill streak crits, I wouldn't ever play soldier :P
 
Sniper... make that darn scope move around, he isn't a robot (Although they act like one sometimes)
 
Didnt vote since none of the classes are 'overpowered'. Soldiers and Demo are powerful but that doesnt make them 'overpowered.' Dont forget that TF2 is a objective based game, where certain classes are better than others not in combat, but in situation and context. I wouldn't trust a lone soldier or heavy to guard the intel or control point. I'd much rather see a Sentry nearby. Likewise, i do not expect to see lone engies and snipers trying to capture the intel or a control point, but soldiers, heavies and demo due to their firepower.
 
AWPerator said...
[blockquote]Soldier.
Crit Rockets do what, 200 damage? Unfair.[/blockquote]
You think Crit rockets are unfair? First they 'only' do 195 damage and there is an even bigger crit.... The Demo's stickies. Seriously, They do about 350 damage with one crit!
I didn't vote either for the same reasons Hardhat already said. Now if the vote would ask what the most underpowered class is...

-Calle
 
I said soldiers just because my main is demo and I don't want to lose my sticky power :). Interesting info about the crits though, I seem to get them just when I'm about to take out multiple players and boy is it fun.
 
I'm voting for Medic. 1 on 1, they can take on almost anyone with the new weapons, especially the new life-stealing needle gun. Their healing power has an incredibly powerful synergetic effect on soldiers and heavies, and the ubercharged demo/pyro can be devastating.
 
I say the demoman for the fact that it is the only class that can kill someone without even knowing that the person was there. The soldier can spam too, but he has to see where the rocket is gonna go. If he shoots and someone walks in front of the rocket, it's lucky hit, but he WAS aiming somewhere. The demo can shoot at places he doesn't even know where someone is and get a kill and say: nice, I didn't know someone was there.

At least the stickies let the demo time when he wants to explode them, so he can wait for someone to get on them. But then again, once, as a spy on warpath, I was cloaked and way behind the ennemy who had moved forward before I had the time to follow them. There was an unuseful sticky field and I tought: I'm cloaked and there is absolutely no risk of an allied to come by so the demo blows then and gets us both. I walked on them and at the same time, the demo, 3 miles away not even looking at them, blew them all so he could place them somewhere else. I was really angry that time.

My phrase is: deserve your kill. Work for it, aim and get it, then you are good. I don't care getting pwned 300 times by any class that aims at me, but if I get killed even once by a demo that didn't even know I was there, I say he's overpowered.
 
[quote1212333248=Firethem]
I say the demoman for the fact that it is the only class that can kill someone without even knowing that the person was there. The soldier can spam too, but he has to see where the rocket is gonna go. If he shoots and someone walks in front of the rocket, it's lucky hit, but he WAS aiming somewhere. The demo can shoot at places he doesn't even know where someone is and get a kill and say: nice, I didn't know someone was there.

At least the stickies let the demo time when he wants to explode them, so he can wait for someone to get on them. But then again, once, as a spy on warpath, I was cloaked and way behind the ennemy who had moved forward before I had the time to follow them. There was an unuseful sticky field and I tought: I'm cloaked and there is absolutely no risk of an allied to come by so the demo blows then and gets us both. I walked on them and at the same time, the demo, 3 miles away not even looking at them, blew them all so he could place them somewhere else. I was really angry that time.

My phrase is: deserve your kill. Work for it, aim and get it, then you are good. I don't care getting pwned 300 times by any class that aims at me, but if I get killed even once by a demo that didn't even know I was there, I say he's overpowered.
[/quote1212333248]
The trade-off, though, is that he is completely useless against someone standing right in front of him. Sure, you could get lucky firing a grenade, but they don't go where you point them anyway.

At mid-range, the demoman takes insane skill to be good at. Think about it. Sniper has only to point his dot and fire, soldier point and fire, scout point and fire, etc etc. But demoman's bombs don't go where you point. You have to calculate to account for the bizarre trajectory of your grenades as well as the slow speed of your projectile.

If you can hit people who are moving with a bullet that may take well over a second to arrive and travels in a crazy arc, I say that's skilled. Not to mention that bullet can't even kill a scout with a direct hit unless you crit.

And about killing people you can't see, the real skill for demoman is purposely positioning yourself where you are less vulnerable and delivering damage to an opponent who really can't see or hit you...kind of like...oh...idunno... A SNIPER!??!!
 
Definitely the sniper and the medic. The sniper's job is the easiest in TF2, stand away from the action and fire a bullet that not only goes where you are pointing, but goes there fast and will usually kill in one shot. Most weapons in TF2 are extremely nerfy and cumbersome compared to a normal FPS, whereas the sniper rifle actually MORE effective and EASIER to use than your typical FPS.

And the medic...omg too much offense. Like said above, in a face-to-face encounter, the medic (if he or she has any skill at aiming) is almost always going to win against most classes. That doesn't seem fair considering his other very useful powers.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top