CS JB - The removal of !count

peoples

Thread Thumper
=(e)=
Joined
Nov 19, 2018
Messages
1,071
!count allows you to count all ts in sight. This includes in stacks, in smokes and behind some oneways. This command is very overpowered due to be able to type 6 characters and telling if there is a rebeller or not. Overall I think (and many others through what I've seen on the server) it should be removed.
 
Upvote 0
I like the idea of count but i think your right, they should need to actually count them before doing stuff as it is to easy for a rebeller to get found that he is rebelling. So it is a +1 From me.
 
+1 Quake for an example or even any other map, at the start of the round warden can just !count and every CT can just start pursuing rebelers. Its pretty annoying if you are the rebeling T and then every single CT pursues you when you make 0 noise while rebeling.
 
wait wut you can do !count and it says it in chat my life is just became esaier as a warden :D but if it's actually that OP, i wanna try it and see it too D:
 
Definitely a +1 here. Early pursue is hard rebel. Can't sneak up on people if theyre looking for ya already. Jebaited
 
+1 Knowing how many Ts you have with the push of a button feels overpowered, and makes it a lot harder to rebel and not get caught
 
-1 I do agree that the !count can be especially OP if used at the start but I disagree that it should be completely removed.

There should be a way to possibly nerf it instead of completely removing it. Maybe prevent wardens from using it at the start of round or limit round usage.-
 
Last edited:
There should be a way to possibly nerf it instead of completely removing it. Maybe prevent wardens from using it at the start of round or limit round usage.-
I agree with Jacko here.
I think it should have a usage limit.For example:Make it available after a certain time(6:00 , 5:00 , ....) or make it usable only once or twice for each round.
 
-1 I do agree that the !count can be especially OP if used at the start but I disagree that it should be completely removed.

There should be a way to possibly nerf it instead of completely removing it. Maybe prevent wardens from using it at the start of round or limit round usage.-


Agreed.

Making !count similiar to what !peace used to be. You could only use it after t's were unmuted which was typically at 6:00 round time.
 
We will go ahead and discuss this at the Leadership level to see our thoughts on this. Please if you have friends who play the server who have a logical opinion on this, please tag them and tell them to come voice it!
 
I even though never am warden and rarely CT, love this command

If I'm in stack I want to be acknowledged and makes playing games so much faster instead of doing the old "unstack in marker lemme count you quickly".
 
Would like to get more opinions on this before we come to a conclusion. If you have not already voiced your opinion, it would help a lot if you did. Much apreciado.
 
IMO I say let it be used once per round. Something like this. Its to easy to count. For me, I press Q then 2 and boom. I know how many rebellers there are. I dont want it fully removed though.
 
I would prefer a limit on uses or a certain time after round start before it could be used rather than a complete removal.
 
This is a bad idea, count only makes wardening easier.
 
i posted this on a different thread, but here:

!count being used at the start of the round is kinda op, yeah. what could maybe happen is for there to be a cooldown on the command, so you can only use it, say, 2 or 3 minutes into the round. would retain the ability to count for games n stuff but make it not able to be used right out of the gate
 
!count makes it harder to rebel, so automatically i dont like it.

Although it could give a range, rather than a number, dont see how that would make it too easy for either side...
 
Given the main uses of the command are to count the ts in order to take half for a game and to see if there is a rebeller, I think a fair compromise would be unlimited use of the command after 2 or 3 minutes. That gives rebellers plenty of time to get a gun or hide while allowing it to be used to count winners of the first minigame.
 
Back
Top