The Loss of a Friend – Rogue Sniper

roguesniper.png


The Loss of a Friend – Rogue Sniper
June 14, 2019

These posts are never fun to make. The few we have had to make are a few too many. June 11, 2019 Rogue Sniper or “Yokai” was taken from us due to a fatal accident.

A veteran member of EdgeGamers who joined in early 2007, Rogue Sniper contributed greatly towards the success of our Counter-Strike: Source and Global Offensive servers. Acting in Advisor capacity for close to 5 years, Rogue’s time and efforts were mostly spent around our Jail servers and the recreation of member favorite map Highschool. Even after stepping down from Leadership, Rogue continued to forge forward in developing amazing content for the community through his unique approach to Jail maps. No one can question his attention for detail and raw determination once he had started a project.

Although we are an online community, you make true friendships here. Often times you may find some of your best friends through gaming. They could be across the United States or even the World. This is certainly the case with Rogue Sniper.

Member Quotes...

A good, genuine, incredibly talented person and I know that he will be remembered by many.

A great guy, and for someone like me who was a younger member at the time, he was a great person to look up to.

He was an inspiration and pure joy to be around … If Rogue was anything it was dedicated, if he put his mind to something it got done or until he screamed enough to get it done.​

Rogue Sniper will be missed. Our condolences set out to his family and friends. Out of respect for Rogue Sniper’s privacy and secrecy, identifying details have been intentionally left out.


https://www.edge-gamers.com/article/a-loss-of-a-friend-rogue-sniper/
 
Last edited:
I was remembering playing one of his map on the eGO Jailbreak Server before the merge...
Rest in piece Rogue.
 
Rogue, you were a brother to me. I have known you for over 10 years. I will remember you always. Rest in Peace brother.
 
Dang man, I don't think I ever really got to know rogue but a loss in our community feels like losing a brother. Rest In peace Rogue and thank you for all that you have done for our community.
 
Rogue Always hated my puns but he made great maps that I hold many memories to. Rest in peace
 
Reading stuff like does really suck. I never knew the guy but he is part of this community and any loss for this community it does affect me and others. I am sad to see this and I hope he rest easy in heaven.
 
i met rogue once and talked with him once in ts because of a 10 man game that was fun and a good memory but else it hurts for all that know him as a friend, he was very cool and chill, i hope he rest for now before his next journey whereever afterlife brings him R.I.P
 
This was really hard to hear. I hadn't talked to Rogue in probably 8 years but always remembered him as being a kind, helpful guy. He would go out of his way to help me when I was trying to learn how to make maps and was just an all around genuine person.

I hope his family is doing alright.
 
When you're told to check eGO news to hear about Rogue you're expecting a well deserved promotion, or maybe he's released a great new map. Without Rogue I probably wouldn't be in the career I am in today, and I've spent weeks of my life in his maps. I constantly went to him with questions, as close as three days before he passed. This is a tragic loss for eGO and anyone who knew him. A passionate and intelligent man. I hope we can get on his maps again together soon.
 
I am so sorry to hear this. I did not know him much but he will surely be missed by everyone here.
 
he was dedicated to making Jail great again and had superior map making skills.

without his maps, Jail would've been a lot more boring back in the day and i probably would have never even came to CS:S, back when it was popular.

i usually don't care about life or death, but this is a hard one.

rest in pieces Rogue, you were an amazing gentleman to talk to and i loved the attitude you had.
 
I never personally met Rogue Sniper.
But i have seen and heard many great things about him.
Rogue's dedication towards Edgegamers was inspiring to not only me, but to a lot of members aswell. Your legacy will never be forgotten .

Thank you for being part of this Community, you will be missed

Rest In Peace Rogue.
 
This is a really sad day. Even after being away from eGO for a while Rogue is still one of the few people I can pick up a conversation with like we never missed a day. He was extremely talented and a great all around person. He will be greatly missed. RIP Buddy.
 
I'm just here to pay my respects. Sorry to those that were especially close to him. :(
 

Latest posts

Back
Top