The Loss of a Friend – Rogue Sniper

roguesniper.png


The Loss of a Friend – Rogue Sniper
June 14, 2019

These posts are never fun to make. The few we have had to make are a few too many. June 11, 2019 Rogue Sniper or “Yokai” was taken from us due to a fatal accident.

A veteran member of EdgeGamers who joined in early 2007, Rogue Sniper contributed greatly towards the success of our Counter-Strike: Source and Global Offensive servers. Acting in Advisor capacity for close to 5 years, Rogue’s time and efforts were mostly spent around our Jail servers and the recreation of member favorite map Highschool. Even after stepping down from Leadership, Rogue continued to forge forward in developing amazing content for the community through his unique approach to Jail maps. No one can question his attention for detail and raw determination once he had started a project.

Although we are an online community, you make true friendships here. Often times you may find some of your best friends through gaming. They could be across the United States or even the World. This is certainly the case with Rogue Sniper.

Member Quotes...

A good, genuine, incredibly talented person and I know that he will be remembered by many.

A great guy, and for someone like me who was a younger member at the time, he was a great person to look up to.

He was an inspiration and pure joy to be around … If Rogue was anything it was dedicated, if he put his mind to something it got done or until he screamed enough to get it done.​

Rogue Sniper will be missed. Our condolences set out to his family and friends. Out of respect for Rogue Sniper’s privacy and secrecy, identifying details have been intentionally left out.


https://www.edge-gamers.com/article/a-loss-of-a-friend-rogue-sniper/
 
Last edited:
**** man... after an absence this is not what i hoped to come back to....

Without rogue, ego and jail as a whole would never had been what it it was. shit.. Didnt think id ever cry about someone i never met in real life but, but god damn.. This hurts...

Rest in peace bud. You were one of the greatest things to happen to this community, and you touched a lot of hearts with the countless work you put in to not only your maps, but to your friendships as well.

Love ya brother.
 
Last edited:
Rest in peace Rogue. I'll never forget all of those fun times we had on the jail server. You were such a great friend and an amazing map maker. I enjoyed ranting with you and messing around on teamspeak. You will truly be missed buddy.
 
Rest in peace buddy. Will never forget the good times that we had playing jail back in the day. Hopefully you've already got a gaming PC setup in heaven :)
 
Aw crap. RS will always be part of the holy trinity of Counter Strike in my mind. I cannot imagine eGO without him. Now I has a sad.
 
Never got to meet you, but I'm sure the Counter-Strike scene wouldn't be the same without you. Rest In Peace.
 
I had to reactivate my acct when someone dropped this news on an old Facebook Group. Despite never being that close to Rogue Sniper I do remember back in 2011-2012 the amazing Jail nights we would have on CS:S. Those maps were a blast to play. He will be sorely missed, my condolences to his family and friends
 
Was hoping someone would make this thread. It was sad to hear, RIP Rogue "Yokai" Sniper. Thanks for all the great times you brought, and may your life be celebrated
 
I didn't personally know the fella, but sounds like a good dude. Always sad to see this happen to anyone. Glad the community is recognizing him. Rest in peace.
 
Rogue is an eGO icon and will never be forgotten. He is immortalized here in the forums and in our memories of great times gaming together.
 
Rogue, Thanks for everything. Your maps were awesome and even inspired me to try to make my own. RIP
 
Rogue, I just heared this news and man, I wish strenght to your family still. I always loved playing on the map. You will always be in eGO's history.
 
i had hard about ubermaniacs passing but this just blew me away, im incredibly heartbroken right now
 
I joined in 2009. Played for a few years, Jailbreak. Just came back to revisit eGO - saw this.
: [
I loved this guy. Great guy.
 
dang I remember jbing with rogue all the time he was a great guy and his maps were sick. one of my first friends in ego, this is so sad to see. He passed when I was inactive and I never saw this thread till today. He will be forever immortalized on my steam friends list. rip rogue/yokai <3
 
This hits way closer than I ever thought..., I'm going to expand on this post later when I have some time to think. I just really don't have the words right now..
I never did think of the words to say after all...
 
Back
Top