GPS Help

Try shoping online at a real store
like walmart or navy exchange...

i don't trust ebay one bit.
 
my buddy just got one of those street/off-road/marine combo gps things. its pretty sweet if you think you'll ever need it for camping or hiking or whatever.
 
[quote1203952517=Mike]
I just picked up the TomTom One 3rd Edition. It looks promising for the price.
[/quote1203952517]
How do you like it.
 
really
if you want a GPS
get in your car start driving
make your own GPS

it is always funner getting lost :)
 
[quote1203973171=Gt.Ghost]
How do you like it.
[/quote1203973171]

I bought it online so it should be here in about a week, I'll tell ya then.
 
The TomTom units are pretty decent, if you plug it into your computer (and sync it with TomTom home) it updates the satellite info and you can get a much quicker sat lock when you leave home. (I think that works for the next 7 days) also you can modify it a lot.

You can and add 3rd party apps (http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/plugins.php?lang=uk for a list) change the menu's around to your preferance (3rd party menu editior) and change the start up and shut down screens, the day and night colors, the voice (I had Mr. T on mine for a bit) and more.

The lower models don't synthesize the name of the street (just says like turn left in 300 meters) and the POI (Points of Intrest) directory is a little lacking at times (At least in Canada) but you can add faviourites in a variety of ways, which kind of makes up for it.

If you miss your exit, sit tight and it'll recalculate another way for you to get there (Nice feature) or tell you to turn around. :p I haven't tried the traffic add on, but that seems to be a nice feature but I'm pretty sure you pay monthly for it.

Anyways, TomTom and Garmin seem to be the big players, the Garmin units are supposed to be a little better, but for me, my TomTom has allowed me to drive aimlessly without feeling the least bit lost. :)
 
Thanks Root. I listened to countless reviews and the only draw back is the battery life and the text to voice feature. But hey, I'm not complaining, I can live without them. I only paid $120 for mine so I'm pretty excited.
 
Back
Top