So....

Parts seem really good! The only thing I would suggest is a 144hz monitor if you can afford it. It really makes a difference, and I would highly recomend it.
As for advice, don't sweat it. It feels sort of like legos, and you will look back on yourself wondering why you overthought it. If you watch a PC build guide, that should have everything you need :D
 
If you're trying to save money, I recommend not going for Corsair. They are over priced for the quality they give. I suggest something MUCH cheaper that is much better quality. Don't knock off brand ! Cheaper, and better quality.

Or just go to the local big-box or similar store and pick up a ~ $20 Logitech metal keyboard. If you need info on what I speak of, reply here, I just need to pull the instructions out because I use the one I have for my PS4.
 
i would strongly suggest getting a different power supply, 500 watts will be fine for this build but you dont know what your gonna want to do with your PC in 2 or 3 years. A power supply is worth spending an extra 30 or 40 to get a better one
 
hey man if ure building a pc i better be seeing some fire wire management or it’s death
 
A. Thats a b450 motherboard for $115 thats way to much considering you have a 3600 and a non-tower Noctua (which is perfect for auto OC). An AsRock Steel Legend will get the job done tbh for like $80.

B. Overpriced RAM that same set at Microcenter (in store) or just get this same brand a bit lower quality but shouldn't hurt FPS by more than a few single digits at most.

3. Seagate Barracuda for 2TB is like https://www.newegg.com/seagate-barr...m_re=seagate_barracuda-_-22-184-773-_-Product and with those savings you could spend the difference on a Sabranet Rocket 1tb NVME

The 1660 is a solid choice but a TI might be more beneficial. The monitor is ight but get a cheaper keyboard and invest in a 1080p 144hz and it makes a difference
 
Parts you chose were fine, though some aren't. Also going for a used gpu is better. (gtx 980 ti used or a gtx 1070 or above used).

Here's a parts list:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kjbWf9

Btw the 1070 ti isn't actually $200 its just overpriced but for $225 you could probably get at most a gtx 1080 in the machine.

If you cannot find a used gpu just go with a new 1660 ti, 5600 xt or rx 590

Remember when buying a used gpu you should always test to see if it works and recognizes the gpu.

And also the accessories i added (mouse and keyboard) just don't buy, go with what ever you want.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top