Official eGO How Is Everybody's Quarantine Going?

Glaiizy.

Poster
=(e)=
Joined
Jan 5, 2019
Messages
228
I would like to know how everybody's quarantine is going. Mine has been SUPER boring, i've been posting memes on my meme page (@snazzied on ig) and playing CSGO the entire time. I mean playing video games isn't boring, but can't really go out and chill with my friends. How are you guys doing?
 
It's not going too bad. Aside from having to shop around the world just to find toilet paper, ground beef, and flour :laugh: It's insane to me that people are still panic-shopping. I would like to buy some pasta, please!!

I'll tell you one thing though. I love them dearly, but I'm ready for these kids (1 in 8th grade, 1 in 9th grade and 1 is a sophomore) to go back to GD school!! HAHAHAHA.... man are they starting to go stir-crazy. I'm used to not going anywhere as an extroverted introvert, but the kids are used to AT LEAST getting out of the apartment for 8+hours 5 times a week. They still don't seem to grasp the gravity of the situation, and they are old enough to understand. I think it's part of the human condition to not really think something is a threat unless it directly affects their lives.

I feel like I've had to work double-overtime. I'm not comparing myself to anyone who's actually had to work in this situation. But I think so love is needed for the people who stay home and run the house. Especially when supplies are hard to get a hold of, one has to be crafty and think outside the box to get 'ish done! Esp with the (big) kids being home all day needing at least 2 meals a day (they sleep until the late afternoon cuz teenagers :laugh:), babies need to be taken care of, diapers changed multiple times a day, pump breastmilk (when I have time), clean, clean, chase toddler away from almost everything, love the infant, prepare meals, clean, .... Our dryer has been broke for 2 months and our apartments has yet to fix it. Now, with all this 'Rona going around, fixing our dryer isn't an emergency. The hell it ain't! For two months I've had to string up a nylon rope across the bedroom and hang clothes up to dry. This means I can only do one load a day. I know, women have been doing laundry this way for hundreds of years, but we pay THEM monthly for this dryer. And we live in "really nice" apartments... well at least in an upscale area anyway.
Don't get me effing started on the shit that's happened with this apartment and their staff...needless to say, once we move out their corporate office is going to get an extremely scathing letter from me. I'm not a "Karen" I just want to live my life in peace, but when the number of things happens AND I'm disrespected.... naw... I'm military, boo-boo, you aren't going to disrespect ME. Jesus had to take the wheel a couple of times and remind me I'm a civilian now, stay calm :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I miss my few hours of quiet time I'd get when the babies are asleep, the kids are at school and SurpriseSucka is at work. All the housework is done and I can just sit and be at peace... and play a video game :laugh:
 
Last edited:
Online schooling is the worst. Getting these kids to wake up is a feat all by itself let alone log into school :laugh:
I remember when I was in college PAYING good money for face-to-face classes and they told me my degree had mostly online classes. I was miffed. Ended up failing two dadgum classes

Are you in college?
 
I got 5 weeks out of work, and I can game all day long so it feels pretty good on my side. :)
 
I got no school for the whole semester now, and I’m just curious on how graduation is gonna be if it even happens. I am kinda scared for college and such, because I have not been able to visit the college I wanna go to since this whole thing. Just a lot of scaredness haha, but right now I am on spring break.
 
very weird ig.

today the rest of the school year got cancelled, therefore my days that I'm at the school building itself are numbered (I qualify to take my courses, all CE, at a college campus). school resumes online learning on Tuesday, not really looking forward to English but I hella miss my STEM and arts classes so I'm ready for those again. not to mention I love my CE courses to bits, can't wait for those.

been practicing guitar, I finally decided to take it up and it's amazing. last but not least, I've hung out with a good handful of y'all thanks to @BukLuu hosting fun games, it's been real nice and it's kept me sane from being trapped in my home for so long.

glad to hear that y'all been doing well!
 
Im 100% certain my school year is done. The district started remote learning a week before "we're supposed to come back" which cost them 75 million. My job that was lined up I'm not sure they'll hire me now considering business is trash. My games are getting boring went back to Minecraft its lit.
 
I got no school for the whole semester now, and I’m just curious on how graduation is gonna be if it even happens. I am kinda scared for college and such, because I have not been able to visit the college I wanna go to since this whole thing. Just a lot of scaredness haha, but right now I am on spring break.

Graduation will probably just be getting a diploma mailed home, sucks but if you got them receipts to refund any special clothing that's a +
 
Unfortunately and fortunately at the same time, I am an essential who is still working. Just left one job (planned) and about to start the new job on Monday. No quarantine for me. Good news is less risk of me coming into contact with a Person Under Investigation and/or positive Covid-19 with the new job.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top