Not Planned TTT, /hide and /reskin

Krabs

Rookie
Joined
Jun 25, 2018
Messages
53
Hi

I think it would be a good idea if we added the /hide and /reskin plugins into TTT from JailBreak. The /hide command hides teammates and /reskin reskins your gun with your own skin. jb runs these and I think a large amount of players would be benefit If these plugins were added .

You may be asking why I want the /hide command in ttt. Well when you hide all your teammates, your FPS increases dramatically which is a great relief for many players with PC's that struggle to hold high fps. /hide can easily be bound to a key so you can get a gun and leave spawn quickly without dropping down to 10 fps. This would mainly be useful in before round stage when you get guns. Not meant for use during the round.

The /reskin command is really just a luxury, majority of the time when a player picks up a gun it has already been skinned with the default skin or lower end skin. /reskin just puts your own skin on the gun and its a nice thing to have. JB already run both of these plugins, I dont imagine that this would many problems.


Thanks
-Krabs
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll bring this idea to leadership & to tech to see if it's even possible to make the /hide command for only before-round times. Not saying this is an accepted idea even if it is, but might as well see if it's possible.
 
Good Idea with the reskin.. But also, when the round starts and players are unhidden I can only foresee players with "bad pc's" dropping more frames as the round starts. It seems kind of pointless to have preround.
 
+1 I feel like /hide would have to only be a pre round thing it would still be good because after pre round normally every one is spread out and lower end pcs can start handling it. Reskin is just needed
 
I'm all for the /reskin command, would be a nice thing to have on the server

Adding a /hide command to TTT would be pointless, need to be able to see the players to play the game. Even if the command is meant to primarily be used for round start/end, isn't worth adding for the couple seconds it would be used
 
Update: Making the /hide command only be for pre-round is a possibility. Please share thoughts if you'd want this as an option
 
There needs to be a clarification, OP doesn't seem to want /hide DURING ROUNDS, just AFTER and BEFORE, so it doesn't actually impact gameplay at all. I could see this being amazing on some smaller maps like CQ. Overall though, I'd need to be convinced to see this added. /reskin though is 100000% a good idea though, and hope to see this added, and probably speaking porting it over should be almost drag and drop?
(didn't realize how late I was to the party. my b.

If in pre-round, this might be useful and I'd be intrigued to playtest this and see how it'd work in practice.

As for /reskin, PLEASE consider adding this!
 
Last edited:


I think it would be a good idea if we added the /hide and /reskin plugins into TTT from JailBreak. The /hide command hides teammates and /reskin reskins your gun with your own skin. jb runs these and I think a large amount of players would be benefit If these plugins were added .

You may be asking why I want the /hide command in ttt. Well when you hide all your teammates, your FPS increases dramatically which is a great relief for many players with PC's that struggle to hold high fps. /hide can easily be bound to a key so you can get a gun and leave spawn quickly without dropping down to 10 fps. This would mainly be useful in before round stage when you get guns. Not meant for use during the round.

My FPS is fine usually through out the round so I don't really have a need for this, however, I'm sure friends with lower-end PC's or even laptops would love this.

As of /reskin, I see no harm as long as it doesn't break any other plugins.

Great ideas Krabs
 
Last edited:
I see no downside to /hide for pre-round because I can only see it helping people.

I would be cool with /reskin as well. No more of players on apehouse getting their icky default skins on the AK's!
 
I completely agree with Pepper. There have been times where my PC brain farts almost as hard as I do and I feel like if you were able to hide everyone at the start the frame drops would be as insane, plus who cares if you can see who picksup a gun if you can't get to it?

And I would LOVE to be able to reskin, for example, the AWP on CloseQuarters!
 
He’s mentioned /hide before the rounds starts and not during

But why implement a feature that will be used for 20 seconds? If your FPS dips due to players why does it matter if they are hidden for a few seconds
 

Latest posts

Back
Top