Banned

Zack

Active Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
353
Hey all, I'd like to tell you all why I probably won't be on any Steam game for awhile, and what happened.

Last night I was playing CS:S on our Dust server and then I left after some time to go to bed. Today, after coming home from school, I try to log into Steam when I get a notice saying that I have been VAC banned for cheating and that all of my steam games have been disabled (meaning that I cannot play on VAC-Secure servers. [EGO SERVERS D:])

First of all, I DID NOT hack. Why would I want to do the very thing that we ban people for doing on our servers? Ruining the game?
I've been looking around the Steam forums, but all I've read from the forums from looking around for similar cases like mine is: "You liar, you deserver to never play on Steam again" and "someone must have hacked your account"
I did not hack, so I would not be lying one, and two, my account was not hacked.

TL;DR, anyways, I just wrote this up to tell you guys why I probably won't be on Steam for a while (unless I buy CS:S and all my other games again, which I probably won't because I'm disgusted.)

Any suggestions to what I should do towards Steam (questionwise) or if I should buy CS:S again?
 
Either, you had Hacks somewhere on your Hard drive, or your account got hacked, Those are the only possibilities to Get VAC banned, and its up to you if you buy CS:S again.
 
Ive seen this happen to people before, most of the time i see it happen to people who used to hack, but havnt in a long time, and get randomly vac banned, but sometimes the person hasnt even hacked, idk what to tell ya man.
 
you can always petition valve about it, though from what ive seen it doesnt get much done
 
I'm sorry, but the only way to EVER get VAC banned is to HACK. Or someone hacked your account. I'm sorry, but VAC Ban does not lie.
 
[quote1210990215=Rogue Sniper]
you can always petition valve about it, though from what ive seen it doesnt get much done
[/quote1210990215]

Yea I've sent in a peaceful question asking about what happened and can be done, but I probably won't recieve anything helpful from it.

If I do happen to buy CS:S again, can I just create a new steam account, and buy it from Steam?
My PC's disk drive is taken out so I can't use any CDs.
 
[quote1210990741=Zack]
[quote1210990215=Rogue Sniper]
you can always petition valve about it, though from what ive seen it doesnt get much done
[/quote1210990215]

Yea I've sent in a peaceful question asking about what happened and can be done, but I probably won't recieve anything helpful from it.

If I do happen to buy CS:S again, can I just create a new steam account, and buy it from Steam?
My PC's disk drive is taken out so I can't use any CDs.
[/quote1210990741]

Yes, you can buy CSS (as well as any other game you have) via Steam, that's what it was made for.

Also, you won't get a response from Valve, or at least nothing helpful. They probably get 100's if questions a day about this.

Good luck man.
 
Thanks guys.

I'll try to quickly wash some cars or whatever to get some cash quick and I'll buy CSS to get back on our servers :D
 
Have you downloaded any skins or other kind of mods for Css? I know people who were VAC banned from the files in certain skins.
 
A while ago my friend gave me this skin that messed with the textures, but I deleted it instantly.

I also got some deagle skins and such, but I don't see how they could mess up my game, as the skins aren't a .dll file.
 
If a hack was detected at ANY time on your computer while playing CSS, then you would still be banned. Its possible that it was the skins, but I doubt it.
Its probably that someone hacked your account, used a hack, and just logged off, so you wouldn't notice a thing.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top