Delivered GTA 5 Gas Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken Noodle Soup

Oogie Boogie, It's McDoogie
=(eGO)=
Joined
Jan 6, 2018
Messages
349
As of current, the gas script is inherently flawed. From what i've seen it seems that the gas drain rate is set as one constant number, this should not be the case as this is not how gas works. The way it SHOULD work is that as you go faster, the rate increases. This would actually make conserve gas and slow down as with the current system, it is more fuel efficient to speed everywhere than just go the speed limit since fuel drains at the same rate no matter what speed. Also, cops are put in many situations where they have to leave their car on and idling while they deal with calls are are running radar, and come back to their car being out of gas, then they get another call right after that and cant respond because they are out of gas. Idling a car should not drain gas that much, the rate at which gas drains while a car is idle should be insignificant. It makes it hard for cops to do their job, when they are running radar, they have to shut off their engine to conserve fuel, making it harder to pull out to stop someone when they're speeding. The rate at which it drains in general should also be decreased, in real life you can drive for hours without having to fill up on gas (dependent on car), however in game, I find myself having to fill up on gas way too often. Thoughts? Opinions? Post them below!
 
Upvote 0
+1
I agree with every word in this thread.
 
Might be difficult to actually change the script to be this comprehensive, to be honest but I do agree that the rate at which gas depletes is way too quick and I don't think gas should drain much at all when idle. Sure, gas does get used when idle (a lot more than you think, to be honest. I've left my car idle for a couple hours and was surprised how much gas was burned...) but this is a video game. There's certain aspects of "realism" that just take the fun away from the game.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ped
+1 agreed
It should be like that from the beginning and also make bigger and heavier vehicles use more gas then say a prius
 
DRIVING SLOWER DOES NOT SAVE GAS!!!!!!

Most cars’ peak fuel efficiency occurs somewhere between 50-60 miles per hour. I feel like a way to fix this is to increase the already slow speed limit to 50, which isn’t to unreasonable I don’t believe. If it would be possible to make ACCELERATION use more gas and make idling use less this would make sense.


-using cruise control would be plausible with a higher speed limit and would conserve gas (40 is way to slow, feels like a snail crawl.)
-Acceleration is what burns gas in real life, and when people tend to speed they don’t usually max out very quickly (in game), therefore there should be a 1.25-1.5 times gas usage while accelerating.

-I don’t know how much gas idling actually uses, I just believe it would make sense to be very low.
 
Last edited:
The current Gas script has been established to correlate with common gas usage to the best extent, there are issues that come with it, the gas script accepts a variable for time over distance, the time over distance variable that the gas script uses to calculate tank size and amount of gas left in tank. There is no room for us to add another variable that would operate on the time and distance front.

If you don't have any further questions, I will be closing this, Thanks for the Suggestion!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top