Delivered GTA 5 Car handling/speed changes and ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmgWtfNamesTaken

Famous
=(e)=
Joined
May 23, 2020
Messages
440
Hey guys, I am proposing an idea for a change to how vehicle handling is done.

I know people work very hard for the custom handling files and I have enjoyed a lot of the vehicles and have owned A LOT of them.
The issue I see is with the speed of vehicles and how they influence gameplay within the city.

Currently Vapid cars are completely useless besides looking different that other imported vehicles and filling the gaps for commuter cars. Stolen cars are simply not utilized for anything currently as Vapid cars are no match (even while fully upgraded) for police vehicles, or other imported vehicles in the city. Handling, top speed, braking and acceleration all do not touch what the imported cars can do.

While I understand changing the handling files for all the vapid cars is just too much I recommend reverting the import cars to stock handling with slight modifications. Since most imported cars have a similar Vapid model in the city I cannot see a big issue with it and cars will still feel different. I think this may also help with the implementation of a tuning chip and or NOS (which could be illegal) to give people a more unique and personalized car driving experience. This would also make police chases more fun. Currently the meta for police chases is simple. Get a tesla or car with insane top speed. Use the insane acceleration/handling of the tesla to quickly get away or use the insane top speed of the charger hellcat (or other supercars) to make it to the highway and disappear. Since most people refuse to let the police use Air 1 or a speed unit for whatever reasoning this (from what I have gathered from talking to people) makes the police want to PIT the cars they are chasing (and understandably so) shortening a police chase instead of watching the car vanish into thin air without any actual fun for the police. Since some of the cars most often used in heists are easily obtained, seizures don't really do a lot for a deterrent.

Rules for realistic driving do not really make sense when the cars handling and speed are not realistic. I always think game rules should be tailored around game mechanics and not the other way around. This eliminates guess work for the players. Currently we can break the speed limit in first gear and some vehicles sound unbearably loud at like 6k RPM when following the 40 - 45 MPH speed limit on city streets while using cruise control.

In essence I think that slowing the cars down (including PD vehicles) will make the city a bit more enjoyable for criminals, police and civilians. It would also allow aircraft to serve as a means of rapid transportation, would spice up the cars we use in the city and break up the meta we are currently seeing.

While I understand people may think of this post as a negative suggestion or that I think the handling files were done poorly it is not. I think it might just be a time for a little bit of change. I started this thread to be an open forum for discussion on the direction of import car handling and the possible introduction of NOS and tuner chips as "illegal modifications".
 
Upvote 0
I understand the issues you are facing, and I get where you are coming from, currently, our main issue is the notorious amount of Import vehicles in the city, the GTA leadership team has come up with a very good way to fix this issue and we will be implementing it soon.

If you don't have any further questions, I will be closing this, Thanks for the Suggestion!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

Latest posts

Back
Top