[Rust] Remove chinook for a wipe

Simpy

I made one post
=(e)=
Joined
Apr 25, 2020
Messages
22
I honestly think that you guys should remove chinook for a wipe. Its really unfair to the people who don't know or don't want to sign up for the forums. Also its kind of aids that a big group can land on you and you cant do anything against it. Like the driver takes many more headshots than it would take normally. The feedback will be bad for the first like day or so. But then it will even the playing field. I don't like that I can die from a person. Spawn a chinook. Go back and ether land on them or wack them.
 
Upvote 2
Forgive me, But I'm not quite sure what game ur suggesting this for; You are referring to GTA, YesT?
 
S Simpy I understand that it is unfair to the people that are unaware. Though I feel if anything should be changed it should be more advertising. As one small message in the chat every so often could be easily looked over. Now I don't know what to suggest but I feel that it should not be removed.
 
You guys are on the wrong forum. This is about REMOVING it. Not giving it to people
In their defense, it's a running gag at this point where people like me deal with tickets with people asking for the Chinook.

I don't play on the Rust server, but we have had a good chunk of new members from the Rust division, whether that be from actually liking eGO or wanting the Chinook in Rust. Removing it causes more harm than good at this point, is it possible you can change something else instead of removing it? Maybe increase advertising?
 
S Simpy I understand that it is unfair to the people that are unaware. Though I feel if anything should be changed it should be more advertising. As one small message in the chat every so often could be easily looked over. Now I don't know what to suggest but I feel that it should not be removed.
As of this i think that there could be another method. Like having the mini have more health. Or a kit that lets you get more base building mats.
 
As of this i think that there could be another method. Like having the mini have more health. Or a kit that lets you get more base building mats.
I do think that a mini having more health would be good. Though this strays from your original argument. I say this because you first talked about how you can easily be killed while on a mini, though at the same time be flipped very easily. While on the other hand, you can hardly do damage with the chinook glass. Also, what does a kit with more building mats have anything to do with this? If you are just pointing out random things to add then yes. I would agree there is not nearly enough with the /base kit.
 
Last edited:
Also, what does a kit with more building mats have anything to do with this? If you are just pointing out random things to add then yes. I would agree there is not nearly enough with the /base kit.
Alot of people like to build bases. And those bases have other elements than just building mats. Maby like garage doors or hqm doors and codelocks just to help people so they dont have to spend money on that.
this strays from your original argument. I say this because you first talked about how you can easily be killed while on a mini,
where did I say this? and no I think that the mini has many elements that people aren't good or used to doing. Like flying backwards to make it so people cant hit you that easy. While in the chinook all they have to do is sit there and munch berrys. Or just fly upside down and run away. Or they could nerf the chinook, make it no go as fast and they cant go upside down. Make the damage the same as the mini. Something to make it so its not THAT overpowered. And if people dont like it they can always change it back the next day or wipe.
 
Alot of people like to build bases. And those bases have other elements than just building mats. Maby like garage doors or hqm doors and codelocks just to help people so they dont have to spend money on that.

where did I say this? and no I think that the mini has many elements that people aren't good or used to doing. Like flying backwards to make it so people cant hit you that easy. While in the chinook all they have to do is sit there and munch berrys. Or just fly upside down and run away. Or they could nerf the chinook, make it no go as fast and they cant go upside down. Make the damage the same as the mini. Something to make it so its not THAT overpowered. And if people dont like it they can always change it back the next day or wipe.
Well, I thought you did say that but I guess I'm wrong. Anyway, my argument still stands. It would be more negative than positive as it is not hard to sign up for forums one bit. If you are too lazy then that is your fault. When I say it would be more negative than positive I mean that Chinooks staying in is more in favor of E tag members. Though giving it to everyone is in favor of new players. With this argument, it is an easy decision. Because every Ds member has an e tag, this just goes to show that they are supporters, not server hoppers. So by taking that away you could lose the favor of your supporters. Most server hoppers don't stay for more than a day. So if you really want chinook then simply ask an admin in chat. Hope this changes your mind!
 
Last edited:
There are several things that can be done to eliminate the chenook and not affect the increase of members in the community and improve the server experience:
They can change the reward, instead of the chenook to;
1. add a 1 SEAT/1 USER ONLY mini with a built-in submachine gun.
2. Add a default kit from spawn, thompsom with full armor and berries
3. Add some discount on the purchase of the store, say a 10% discount on all objects.
4. Increase the amount of money that can be earned in any of the actions that give this reward.
I am not saying that all these rewards are added when obtaining member = (e) = but they are some substitutions.
-Last but least desirable, nerf the chenook so that the pilot and all crew members can take at least 60% or more of the damage you would normally take if you weren't behind the flying tank shell.
I seriously consider chinooks are way too overpowered and damage the overall experience on the server and should be removed or heavily nerfed in my humble oppinion.
 
Last edited:
There are several things that can be done to eliminate the chenook and not affect the increase of members in the community and improve the server experience:
They can change the reward, instead of the chenook to;
1. add a 1 SEAT/1 USER ONLY mini with a built-in submachine gun.
2. Add a default kit from spawn, thompsom with full armor and berries
3. Add some discount on the purchase of the store, say a 10% discount on all objects.
4. Increase the amount of money that can be earned in any of the actions that give this reward.
I am not saying that all these rewards are added when obtaining member = (e) = but they are some substitutions.
-Last but least desirable, nerf the chenook so that the pilot and all crew members can take at least 60% or more of the damage you would normally take if you weren't behind the flying tank shell
I agree with only the last one and it is that you take more damage with the chinook. But it gets very annoying when non-Ds members want an upgrade. I mean I paid for the stuff I have. I don't want someone just to get all these perks simply by joining ego. It does not make sense. This makes sense as triple money is already very buffed and I love it, though I paid. Now with your argument, you are saying that non-ds members should get an upgrade meaning they would have to buff ds even more. This is simply not practical.
 
I agree with only the last one and it is that you take more damage with the chinook. But it gets very annoying when non-Ds members want an upgrade. I mean I paid for the stuff I have. I don't want someone just to get all these perks simply by joining ego. It does not make sense. This makes sense as triple money is already very buffed and I love it, though I paid. Now with your argument, you are saying that non-ds members should get an upgrade meaning they would have to buff ds even more. This is simply not practical.
im not saying they should get all this perks, only 1, but chinook should be removed either way or only be available to vip people who pay for rank
 
Last edited:
im not saying they should get all this perks, only 1, but chinook should be removed either way or only be available to vip people who pay for rank
So you support a pay to win platform? Yikes.
 
Last edited:
Rather than removing the chinook we will be looking into balancing it. We can all agree that the glass and the amount of hp it has are key features that make it very "overpowered". The Rust leadership team will be looking into changing its base hp and a fix for the damage reducing glass. These changes and tweaks should make it more balanced and improve the PvP experience on the server.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top