Counter-Strike Delivered Rename "influencing the vote"

  • Thread starter Thread starter MS
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

EGO Zealot
Joined
Dec 10, 2019
Messages
1,966
Hi all, I've had some issues and criticism in the past with the rule that states that you are not allowed to "influence the RTV vote". This rule exists on the Jailbreak server, and I'm not entirely sure if it is present on the other servers (TTT, Surf, etc.). The first time I read this vote I thought "I suppose that's fair, you want to prevent the warden from forcing players to vote for a specific map".

The wording of this rule is horrendously misleading. How this rule is enforced and the intentions behind this rule is to prevent players from even mentioning how to or to rock the vote. While certainly much more stringent on players, it ironically doesn't restrict saying "vote 1" or "vote clouds". So to summarize, saying "type rtv to choose a map" is influencing the vote, but typing "vote 2" isn't influencing the vote.

This makes 0 sense. If someone were to come up to you and say that you should vote in the 2020 election, you likely wouldn't say that they're influencing your vote. However, if someone were to tell you to vote for Biden, then that would be much more apparent that they are attempting to influence your vote.

Now, whether or not it makes sense to restrict players from merely saying to rtv or how to, I believe the current wording of this rule is very misleading. Rewording the rule would be much more appropriate and would make much more sense.
 
Upvote 0
I like this guy, he made 3 suggestions arguing with anyone who dares to go against him just writing essays and shutting them down
Look man all I suggested was a changing of "Do not influence the RTV vote" to "Do not tell people to RTV". It's hardly a rewrite, it clarifies the rule, and it's simple. I don't get where all the hate is coming from.
 
As much as I disagree with this rule, it is worded fine. It's just someone influencing the RTV of a map. I don't think that it's very complicated, and has already been explained very thoroughly by others in this thread.
 
i never was entirely sure about this either, like everyone wants people to vote for their favorite map, so like if someone says "11111 one oneone!!"in chat cuz they wanna play a map, is that really worth punishment? and never in any of my training had anyone said anything about that, and in fact ive never seen anyone get in trouble for that... So maybe it should be removed...
 
MS MS

Thanks for the suggestion. We've updated the wording of the rule. To be clear, the current RTV rules in Jailbreak are not being altered by this change.

Do not influence RTV votes. --------> Do not influence RTV.

The previous wording was like saying "Rip in peace."

~Closed
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top