Left 4 Dead Group

I agree with Crimson Dawn, there wouldn't be much point in shelling out for a load of servers that'll only support four people. Servers are based on usage, not population. A 32/32 slot server costs just as much as a 4/4 slot server (to the best of my probably incorrect understanding).
 
weather or not eGO gets a division or server for this game im getting it..... i have been watching this game every since i heard about it in like Feb. and just want it to release already... would be awsome if eGO did get a server for it though... but i guess we will just see what happens and see what council decides
 
I agree with Crimson Dawn, there wouldn't be much point in shelling out for a load of servers that'll only support four people. Servers are based on usage, not population. A 32/32 slot server costs just as much as a 4/4 slot server (to the best of my probably incorrect understanding).



But we run boxes, such as both Css servers are on the same box, so the cost doesnt go up if we have it with two 32 man servers, or 5 32 man servers.

With the lower server size, we would be able to run a lot more servers with less processing power off of a single box, which would help keep the cost down.
 
I doubt its going to stay at 4 vs 4.. People are going to go around it. Similar to tf2. 24 maps made into 32. Also, there probably is a reason for 4v4. I doubt they chose it for a reason. Maybe its meant for 4v4 because the amount of power you need to host the game. GoldRush is a GOOD example. Every map was made for 24 slot servers. With the push of 32 we're able to handle that on EVERY map on eGO servers. However, GoldRush has problems handling it.
 
I doubt its going to stay at 4 vs 4.. People are going to go around it. Similar to tf2. 24 maps made into 32. Also, there probably is a reason for 4v4. I doubt they chose it for a reason. Maybe its meant for 4v4 because the amount of power you need to host the game. GoldRush is a GOOD example. Every map was made for 24 slot servers. With the push of 32 we're able to handle that on EVERY map on eGO servers. However, GoldRush has problems handling it.

Well I think that the story is set up with the 4 characters in mind and balance with the amount of ai spawned.


If someone did increase the amount of players, they would also have to change around the "AI Director" so that more bots spawn, because it may be too easy otherwise. These additional bots would probably cause lag because the maps were not made for it, nor the game.
 
Bad Black Hawk I Know Your Resources That Is Better Then V So There Is Gonna Be One!!!yay!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
One of these days I'm gonna beg Harmless or Garden to post your "resource" on the front page :D
 
oh it was in there?! Oh sry!lol I remember you saying it on Zombie Server and Guys on the L4D mod of CSS there are bosses now!!!
 
yeah ego should get into a zombie game, they defiantly require the most teamwork and are my favorite type of games ^^.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top