Not Planned fix discord double pings

owen

Famous
=(eGO)=
Joined
Dec 21, 2018
Messages
539
im assuming that the event room is viewable by everyone: just do like “@event @tf2 hey guys peep the event” instead of pinging me twice. i understand that i have done this to myself and it does not matter because it is the smallest issue but it would be so easy to fix

i feel like people will say “pinging two roles in the same message gives two notifications” and no it does not
 
Upvote 3
I'm a little confused how u got doublepinged? Today at least there were two pings that got sent, one to everyone with teamfprtress as a tag and the other event notifications.. The only way you coulda been doublepingged is if u had both tags, in which case it's exactly how you requested, just in one channel? I'm just confused what exactly your seeing?
 
I'm a little confused how u got doublepinged? Today at least there were two pings that got sent, one to everyone with teamfprtress as a tag and the other event notifications.. The only way you coulda been doublepingged is if u had both tags, in which case it's exactly how you requested, just in one channel? I'm just confused what exactly your seeing?
What? The message for both pings was the same. What I'm suggesting is the new normal is that they get compressed into one message. My example used was the Team Fortress 2 event. In this "new system", instead of going to #teamfortress2 and tagging all TF2 people and then going to #event-notification and tagging everyone that has the event role, you have every event ping in #event-notification and tag both roles. It goes from:

#teamfortress2: @TF2 Blackmesa event tonight!
#event-notification: @Events Blackmesa event tonight!
to
#event-notification: @TF2 @Events Blackmesa event tonight!

reducing the amount of pings by it being condensed into one message, which would send one notification to my phone/computer instead of two. I like being tagged for events for games I don't usually play because it gives me an opportunity to play them, but for the games I do play, I don't understand why I have to be pinged twice when you can simplify it and tag both roles at once while reducing notifications. People don't like getting a lot of notifications, and that may lead them to want to remove whatever role the notification is coming from.
 
#teamfortress2: @TF2 Blackmesa event tonight!
#event-notification: @Events Blackmesa event tonight!
to
#event-notification: @TF2 @Events Blackmesa event tonight!
i agree with this (itd be nice if CS could do this too since we usually only tag the event tag just tag both but in one message)
 
1607658561696.png
1607658595567.png
 
I think all he's trying to say is that they should ping their game group and the event role in a single message in the #event-news channel, that way everyone who has a role pertaining to the game/events will be notified. P Power_Outlet the image that you attached is what Shalom is saying we should switch to.

I'm also not gonna play witch hunter, but there have been messages pinging divisional roles in their game channel and event news in a separate channel (for the same event) since the 30th of November
 
I think all he's trying to say is that they should ping their game group and the event role in a single message in the #event-news channel, that way everyone who has a role pertaining to the game/events will be notified. P Power_Outlet the image that you attached is what Shalom is saying we should switch to.

I'm also not gonna play witch hunter, but there have been messages pinging divisional roles in their game channel and event news in a separate channel (for the same event) since the 30th of November
I'm just gonna throw this out here. Pings do not mean your day is gonna be worse. Sure, it's annoying, but so is my sister. Live with it.
 
I'm just gonna throw this out here. Pings do not mean your day is gonna be worse. Sure, it's annoying, but so is my sister. Live with it.
i don't care about pings lmao, I was making a point about how people were misinterpreting the point of this suggestion
 
Now, in theory, wouldn't pings in as many channels as possible; however annoying, cast the widest net possible for attendance of the event? II mean obviously, I could see a problem if someone starts pinging other divisions and in the wrong channel. But correct me if I am wrong, they typically are at least in their divisional channel and in the event channel. I get more pings can be more annoying. With current activities in some divisions, more is better than less?
 
Now, in theory, wouldn't pings in as many channels as possible; however annoying, cast the widest net possible for attendance of the event? II mean obviously, I could see a problem if someone starts pinging other divisions and in the wrong channel. But correct me if I am wrong, they typically are at least in their divisional channel and in the event channel. I get more pings can be more annoying. With current activities in some divisions, more is better than less?
its pinging the same people though. they may check the channel but if theyre pinging the people with those roles, most likely, those people will go to check why and where they got pinged. and besides that i dont even think theres an argument here considering power replied the fact that this was addressed already and should be happening regardless
 
Now, in theory, wouldn't pings in as many channels as possible; however annoying, cast the widest net possible for attendance of the event? II mean obviously, I could see a problem if someone starts pinging other divisions and in the wrong channel. But correct me if I am wrong, they typically are at least in their divisional channel and in the event channel. I get more pings can be more annoying. With current activities in some divisions, more is better than less?
not really, because you’re pinging the same amount of people just fewer times. In terms of the outreach, it’s exactly the same. Its only the amount of pings that will change
 

Latest posts

Back
Top