Delivered CS:GO JB - Extend the "Recently Played" Maps

literail

Rookie
=(e)=
Joined
Mar 4, 2020
Messages
32
I think that many people would agree that they are sick of playing the same few maps every time they join JB. I believe that increasing the amount of maps before a map can be played again would motivate people to try out lesser played maps, and would make the server a bit less predictable, due to most CT's and T's knowing most (if not all) of the secrets on the most played maps. Let me know what you think!
 
Upvote 6
I'm both for and against this... ±0

+1 because this would definitely help the game mode from becoming stale, It'd do exactly as the OP describes. This is exactly the goal we should be setting.

On the other hand; -1.
There DEFINITELY is a reason that some maps are not played. This goes for every gamemode that implements RTV.
Some maps (all due respect) earned their spot in the never touched list.
Regardless of my own opinion, there is clearly three catagories of maps:
  1. Popular maps that are always nominated and played before other maps. (Your 'closequarters' and 'cloud' of thhe world)
  2. Maps that are played after all of the "popular" maps are unable to be played
  3. Maps that are rarely played and only nominated as "troll maps" or because all of the other maps that are worth playing are already nominated or recently played.
It isn't really right or fair, but it is clearly present and accurate.
We should implement this, but additionally we ought to be preforming more analytics to identify maps that fall into that third category and remove them if they cannot otherwise reach the count that the other two categories enjoy.
This IMHO is the best way to provide the best experience with JB and other servers using RTV.
 
+1 A lot of the "bad maps" are really not bad. Most people don't like the map because they don't know the layout and the secrets. If people actually got to learn the layout and the secrets, they would likely find maps that they like. The problem is: not knowing the secrets and layout will make it dull and boring for T's at first as it will be hard for them to rebel, then people will get impatient after a couple rounds on the map and they will rtv so they can't even learn the maps. I think extending the recently played maps would be a good change.
 
Last edited:
Believe the map cooldown is already set to 10 or so, feel like anything higher would just be overkill. I've always kind of been against this idea, overplayed maps are overplayed because the majority of the server wants to play those maps, hints why there is a vote.
 
There DEFINITELY is a reason that some maps are not played. This goes for every gamemode that implements RTV.
Some maps (all due respect) earned their spot in the never touched list.
Regardless of my own opinion, there is clearly three catagories of maps:
  1. Popular maps that are always nominated and played before other maps. (Your 'closequarters' and 'cloud' of thhe world)
  2. Maps that are played after all of the "popular" maps are unable to be played
  3. Maps that are rarely played and only nominated as "troll maps" or because all of the other maps that are worth playing are already nominated or recently played.
It isn't really right or fair, but it is clearly present and accurate.
We should implement this, but additionally we ought to be preforming more analytics to identify maps that fall into that third category and remove them if they cannot otherwise reach the count that the other two categories enjoy.
Tons of good points! I mainly agree with their 3rd category statement.

Believe the map cooldown is already set to 10 or so, feel like anything higher would just be overkill. I've always kind of been against this idea, overplayed maps are overplayed because the majority of the server wants to play those maps, hints why there is a vote.
I agree with what you mean, but I feel that having more overplayed maps and doing nothing to change that will cause players to abandon the server. ( I can say from experience, I stopped playing on JB for a few months because of it.)
 
maps people arent familiar with kill the player count
the server is more fun the more people are on
-1
 
maps people arent familiar with kill the player count
the server is more fun the more people are on
-1
I actually find myself enjoying jailbreak most when there are around 20 Ts.

Now for the suggestion, I hate playing overplayed maps like undertale, arcade and such, not because they are bad maps but over the years of playing them I found they became quite boring.
I like the intention of this suggestion but I'm not sure if this is the right solution for the same few maps being played over and over again.
Nevertheless I give it a +1
 
We ain't quitting tell we have to play every map until we can play one again
 
Remove the voting system entirely and have a rotation. This way we can play the popular maps and the good niche maps. Everyone is happy. Let the awesome mapping team decide the map pool so they can showcase their updates, we can have more discussions, and have a much more active community.

With this system we can also remove chat spam, mic spam, and influencing rtv completely. It is such a great solution where everyone is happy. We just need to cut down the colossal 55 maps on the list.
 
Last edited:
I think that many people would agree that they are sick of playing the same few maps every time they join JB. I believe that increasing the amount of maps before a map can be played again would motivate people to try out lesser played maps, and would make the server a bit less predictable, due to most CT's and T's knowing most (if not all) of the secrets on the most played maps. Let me know what you think!
I actually think this would limit the good new maps. What id actually want to implement is a bigger timer on clouds and VIP, moji / kwejsi so other unplayed maps get played. So if a map is played as soon it is untimed its on a extra 3 maps wait. So others get played more.
 
Ultimately as others have said, the maps that are played the most are played the most for a reason, I am not saying the others are necessarily bad but when you connect onto jailbreak most players just don't want to play a map they never heard of and know no secrets on. You should not to force the majority of players to play maps they don't want to play, that is just a pop killer. I think the cooldown is fine where it is and there still is a decent amount of maps that make it's way on to playing on the server.
 
I actually think this would limit the good new maps. What id actually want to implement is a bigger timer on clouds and VIP, moji / kwejsi so other unplayed maps get played. So if a map is played as soon it is untimed its on a extra 3 maps wait. So others get played more.
This
 

Latest posts

Back
Top